What is PiTracking mode exactly?

I can now umdestand your confusion. PiMax has in a nutshell will have steam lighthouse tracking working outside of steamvr -nuff said.

If they keep the convention then other tracking solutions like “inside out, hand tracking etc” will be an extended mode of tracking.

Hope your less confused now.

I know you just try to help Heliosurge but I agree with @IrregularProgramming, it’s best not to speculate when you don’t know what it is, just like the rest of us. We need Pimax to enlighten us because I’d also like to learn some more about the different tracking modes for the 8k.

I can now umdestand your confusion. PiMax has in a nutshell will have steam lighthouse tracking working outside of steamvr -nuff said.

Yes, that’s a FEATURE of steamVR!

You don’t need to require steam for all customers. You are still not making sense.

And like viveport will work without steam. But yes better clarification would be better. However this was based on their initial marking speil.

So i do agree with you @Sjef that with the recent change PiMax team needs to clarify this change as even Tom’s Hardware has far too many inconsistencies in the Article posted & the 5k/8k info hasn’t been updated on the Pitracking being removed.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @PimaxVR @Matthew.Xu

Please post an update here on tracking modes/features. & update on official pages.

Please review the Tom’s Hardware article and ask them to correct errors as it pertains to 5k/8k models

Posted yesterday in kickstarter comments.

Still doesn’t make much sense to me… are it different hardware solutions ? Or just different modes ? Pimax has to be more specific.

1 Like

I agree they need to clarify more. Says you have steam & pitracking mode eaay ti switch between.

So then does that mean the hand module falls into Pitracking mode? If so does that mean no laser tracking while using hand module? Or is pimax’s base station & controllers work in both modes?

Or is pitracking for inside out tracking module only?

SJ have you had a chance to peak at the sdk/hdk?

@PimaxVR @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @Pimax-Support

@bacon please elaborate.

Did this post end up in the wrong thread or something? We’d love an elaboration regarding PiTracking, but I don’t see any other post here by someone named bacon.

Edit: Oh, bacon is one of your crew! I was a bit confused.

1 Like

I am checking internally, but as you know now it is Nation day holiday in China, so I am not sure how long I can update, sorry

2 Likes

Sorry, we have to update to you before 10.10 , I can’t find one of our key engineer

1 Like

Any more information regarding this question?

1 Like

yes, have got a draft post but still need some confirmations.please give me some more time ,these two days will update.

3 Likes

No worries Bacon. Thanks for looking into this question

No problem its not like we have the headsets. :v::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Dear all:
Sorry for late response.These days I am checking internally and with our partners. For Pitracking we plan to develop some new features compared with steam VR lighthouse to have more expansibility such as cap sense.it would be more flexible to developers.

2 Likes