What happened to what was offered in the V3 version?

What conjectures? we have the testimonies of OMG, SweViver and MixedRealityTV from October last year, nine months ago. And we have the leaks on how things were a month ago.

3 Likes

Glass of hope and enthusiasm feels half empty

The reasons why we’re worse than 9 months ago can be conjecture. But the differences between the status of the M1 (according to the leaks) and the V3, are not conjectures, are obvious facts. Only Pimax knows why we’re worse, but they’re not going to tell us

2 Likes

It’s a huge assumption that the lenses are “worse”. For one thing, there are MANY lens parameters that can vary and it’s often a trade-off between them. Some might be a lot better, while others might indeed be worse, but that doesn’t make the entire lens worse.

One possibility is that the FOV was increased, as Pimax said they would do, which increased some edge artifacts. If so, they are probably now working on that secondary issue.

conjecture
kənˈdʒɛktʃə/Submit
noun
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

If you have data on specifications on the designs of both units that no one else does please feel free to share. Else you are simply providing second hand information, opinions and really are not being constructive for the community as a whole. I sincerely feel you use this forum as an outlet to vent your frustrations, whether they are personal or attributed to the development of this product. I am sympathetic that you are not happy, but you could do us a favour and not turn your grievances into a Shakespearean tragedy performance in front of the rest of us.

This is one point i totally agree on. They could easily make better update.

1 Like

Two facts are two facts and not a conjecture. As a tester, I’m not free to share nothing.

And “a Shakespearean tragedy performance” would be to close your eyes to the evidence. What part don’t you believe, that the v2-v3 were so good and a lot of people saw it, and that all those people, including Martin, Sebastian and OMG lied, or the part of the leaks recognized by Pimax?

There’s no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see.

3 Likes

You sold your pledge, that is a fact.
You view the M1 negatively, that is an opinion.
Visual artefacts present in optics, another fact.
Artefacts present make the headset unusable, opinion again.
Technical issues cannot be resolved, another opinion.

Your knowledge of the English language is not poor enough to confuse the differences, if you try selling opinion as fact you have 0 credibility.

Do I need to keep going? I sure as hell will not be posting here again, better that this topic becoming inactive to make way for more informative posts.

I haven’t sold anything, and I’m not going to. In fact, I try to make the Pimax 8K a good product for everyone, if I don’t get it, I won’t sell a defective product to anyone. I don’t think you have any idea who you’re talking to or what you’re talking about.

4 Likes

Soatin has no idea what he’s talking about. @Cdaked nice to see your optimistic about the M1. Hope it all works out

4 Likes

What does seem to be a fact is that some people don’t get tired of talking for the sake of talking, without having the slightest idea of what they are saying.

5 Likes