What Graphics Cards do you use to run your HMD?

What Graphics Cards do you use to run your HMD??
:star_struck:Had anyone bought the RTX 3090?? :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

3 Likes

2080 Ti. No immediate plans to upgrade I’ll consider it next year, or even the year after :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rtx 3090, i could still use more power… :thinking:

8 Likes

Enough for 8KX :wink:

1 Like

wow I am envious now :thought_balloon:

2 Likes

2080Ti (ASUS ROG Strix OC).

Will probably update to 3090 next year when availability is better (and prices might be a bit lower)… :wink:

5 Likes

Just about, depends on what you play :wink: Alyx is fine, but others…

3 Likes

lol… :smile:Then please recommend some games :wink:

2 Likes

I’m still on a 1080Ti with no upgrade in the foreseeable future due to financial reasons.

Unless… I sell my 5K+ and 1080Ti… But I like that 144 Hz option a lot…

1 Like

Yes, they are really expensive now

1 Like

Aorus water-cooled1080ti. I just ordered a ROG Strix 3090 OC, but who knows when that will arrive.

1 Like

2 x Titan X (pascal) water-cooled. I’ve got an ROG Strix 3090 OC on order as well.

2 Likes

That are 2080 Ti friendly? OK this can get complicated hehe… :wink:

Examples of low demand games (you can set max game details including Large FOV) for the games with 2080 Ti and X and it will run at full frame rate):

1. Beat Saber (I don’t have it but I think the demand is low - however the 75Hz of native resolution mode may not be best, you can use the higher refresh rate of upscale mode in exchange for lower resolution)

2. Superhot VR (simple and fun time-based action)

3. Gorn (if you want to be a gladiator - be warned it is cartoonishly violent though :smile:)

4. Aircar (more experience than game, but it looks stunning if you like to fly through a Bladerunner rainy neon city)

5. VTOL VR - but you need to like flight sims!

6. Valve mini-games like The Lab. There are many others!

As mentioned before, I like big ‘open world’ games that you can take time to explore, like No Man’s Sky - did you try it yet? There are also others like Elite Dangerous, Skyrim etc. They have a lot to offer and take a little more time to learn, but are many hours of fun.

BUT - some of these big games don’t run well on a 2080 Ti without setting up Pimax Experience / PiTool correctly. Some need Parallel Projection or are otherwise demanding.

So you may need to set Motion Smoothing, or Fixed Foveated Rendering, or turn down in game graphics settings to run smooth. Not everyone likes these options, so you may need to find what works for you. There are many posts on this forum with recommended settings! :wink:

3 Likes

RTX 3090 FE here, I’m loving the performance for the games I play on my 8KX.

3 Likes

Yes. I’d say I’m kinda “lucky” that they’re unavailable as I would have bought one otherwise but it seems wise to wait a bit to see what AMD offers and Nvidia counteroffers… :rofl:

EDIT: Here it is… :rofl:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/today-i-learned-a-hard-lesson-about-the-importance-of-patience-rtx-3090/32660/11?u=drwilken

4 Likes

Msi Gaming Trio X rtx 3090 .
Its very very silent but clocks arent good . 1500-1860mhz
I need a new psu because my ax850 watt gold psu shuts down lol

3 Likes

PSU recommendations are annoying. At the point you’re using a gold PSU, what more do the MFGs expect when they list the wattage requirement? There isn’t a standard ‘sticker’ on ripple voltage and 12v line filtering quality(though that’s usually in line with the efficiency rating of a psu) so customers are left in the dust. I certainly hope my rm850x holds up with a 3080.

3 Likes

Today ASUS ROG Strix RTX2080ti OC.
From tomorrow ROG Strix 3090 OC. :stuck_out_tongue:

2080ti is mote than enough to run Asetto Corsa, but not DCS.

4 Likes

Hi,
Still use a GTX 1080ti, but need to upgrade for my Pimax 8kx. Presently I cannot play X-Plane 11 or DCS with the Pimax 8kx on a 1080ti.
Thought about a possible RTX 3080ti with 20GB VRAM, but now that the AMD 6900XT appeared, I may change my mind. Still waiting to see how the new AMD cards will perform.

3 Likes

2x Evga 2080ti xc ultra watercooled in very few case :sob:, only one in most

1 Like