Well it looks like valve is deciding my dillema on index vs artisan

Assuming I can get an order in before it sells out, I’ll be going index tomorrow. I really wanted to try the Artisan, but it is not unsurprisingly, still not available on Amazon. I hope its not a decision i wind up regretting…

UPDATE: Pressed order on index 30 seconds after it was available. Estimated ship time is 8 weeks+, so you had to be super quick to order this round. So, I guess if artisan shows up on amazon for decent delivery time sometime in the next 8 weeks, it would still be an option for me… Man this is an interesting time in VR, when no one will take my money.

3 Likes

Will take month Before its at Amazon.

1 Like

you will love the index,you get a complete package with a great audio solution and amazing build quality :wink:

8 Likes

Months***************

1 Like

Amazing build quality lmao - i’ve had two left controllers break, my cable is snowing, and the glue for the lens seals has dissolved in my sweat.

9 Likes

i think you have bad luck,try a pimax artisan…the housing will break within a month or so…

But yes your right even a valve index had some starter problems with their first units,but now its rock solid…And the build quality is on a different level then the pimax artisan.

Its always about luck, manny off use have Pimax that have not had any problems to, only resone not to go with Index is Glare and smaller FOV.

2 Likes

@Skidrow
And resolution

1 Like

I really like Valve Index. It’s a very high quality product. Very comfortable. Still I have packed it up and I am using 8K+ now. Some people would like to choose performance over comfort, as long as the comfort is within a certain acceptable limit. I am among such people. Some people would like to choose otherwise. It’s just a matter of preference.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.