Weekly Update 3rd June 2020 Discussion

Every few hours?? I think you need a little more going on in your life. No offence meant.

I mean if I’m on my phone or computer anyways.

3 Likes

Oh, they forgot to mention that part… There’s 2 in each batch. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have worded that better. The comfort kits which initially shipped did indeed come with only 1 face pad. Due to customer feedback, future kits, including those which will ship with the 8KX are supposed to have 2 thicknesses of foam.

At least that’s my understanding, based on recent Pimax employee comments.

2 Likes

Can we have a straight answer of how much is in a Batch?

3 Likes

PimaxUSA answered this a few days ago

2 Likes

That is literally the opposite of a straight answer. A straight answer would be a no. or a range of no.s .

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I think that’s the only answer you’re going to get. Pimax has been burned too many times due to overoptimistic announcements and I think they won’t be providing as many details as they used to.

11 Likes

But they never says deliveries before june 9th. They only wrote " delivery june" ,

2 Likes

Unfortunately I still feel they are being too optimistic. Either ways now that we are close to production actually being done of the first batch they should have the no.s of what they actually produced and not what they ‘projected’ to produce. That information is what I want anyways.

5 Likes

Pimax had zero issues announcing how many units were produced per week during the kickstarter, why is it now such a big deal?

3 Likes

Pimax seem to be incapable of giving a straight answer to any question and even when they do provide “information” in the fullness of time it gets picked apart and shown not to be true. I guess they’ve finally realised that if they say nothing at all then no one can accuse them of lying.

5 Likes

I believe I read something about “Kickstarter SMAS version” in the update, but cannot find it anymore neither here nor in the in update. Does anyone know what happened?

1 Like

I think we all were just having a same dream :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Actually, it was “Kickstarter DMAS version”. Shh! We are not supposed to have seen it.

3 Likes

Well according to their timeline, they’d start first production 25 may, then do the first batch deliveries, then start second batch kickoff at 9th june. If they were expecting to start deliveries after 9th june, they should have put that after the second production kickoff in their timeline, wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

I do like your humor - “I don’t think they’d dare”. Where have you been the last 2,5 years, mister ? Hidden under a stone ?! :wink:

Talking about Pimax reliability in meeting their own announcements - has ANY backer of the 8KX (who has a loaner) already received the mystical email to initiate the return procedure ?
Let me guess…

[Edit: @Djonko sorry, I edited that other part out of this post again]

7 Likes

Yeah I don’t think they’d make up deceiving charts again. However then they really should start with the return label process NOW. Otherwise there’s no way they can start shipping out the 9th.

4 Likes

That would have been a genuine typo/error, as there was no 'audio option" (SMAS Vs DMAS) during the 2017 Kickstarter campaign.

DMAS came as an optional paid upgrade for backers waiting for their 8K-X headsets in 2020 or there abouts.

2 Likes

Just checked my emails. Nothing.