WCCFtech Interview Pimax April 2020

There is an interview published on WCCFtech.com

we’ve recently got the chance to discuss everything that’s going on at Pimax with Chief Operating Officer Kevin Henderson. Brace yourself for a long, interesting chat, particularly for VR enthusiasts.

And now all of the employees are back at work at our two main locations in China, we’re fully staffed again and we’re up and running.

In fact, it was almost at a stop for over a month, but now, the Artisan is moving back into the slot again. So I think that the Artisan also will be back into full production in a matter of days.

eye tracking and wireless at the same time. In effect, what it boils down to is you can have the modular audio strap plus two modules. In the future, we’ve been talking about multiplexing and having versions of the modules that combine more than one into the same modules, which would let you have three but right now, in the modules that were in limited production, you can only have two plus the modular audio strap

And at first, we were telling people that we thought that 8KX would not be able to have full resolution across wireless, but I think we will, and it will also handle all of our Pimax headsets.

8 Likes

That seems like a good interview.

What struck me the most was the wireless claims. More than 4K per eye… at what frequency? Could we be in a spot where we can get 8KX in native mode running faster than wired? And the fact that its compatible with current + future headsets…

I thought 8KX native frequency limit was the DisplayPort chip, and that when DisplayPort 1.4 happens the 8KX will still be stuck with a lower refresh rate (without some sort of updated board). I would expect the wireless receiver to still use the existing DisplayPort input, so would still be limited.

4 Likes

It also suggests there should be less delays in things like the stretchgoal update that is 8+ weeks over due from when was promised. Now that PimaxUSA has had his spotlight interview. Notice he partly covered some details that could have been released weeks ago.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.