VR News for 2024

Lol that was funny. And another big fat “TOLD YOU SO” to pimax. It’s sad such a waste of money time and resources. But oh well can’t wait to see what stupid decision they are going to make next

2 Likes

Pimax is not alone.

1 Like

Pimax compares Crystals FOV to the Varjo XR-4 using the new Pimax wide FOV lenses. Very similar is both H 112 and V 96.

2 Likes

The gloves are off. Meta to release a LG Quest Pro2 next year for $2000.

Now I’m no Meta fan by any means but after Zuckerborgs last interview you could see he was confident AVP was easy to beat.

3 Likes

I just can’t get over the Zuck’s: “we’re the open platform” – the whole collective body of satirists across the globe has their work cut out for them, doing one better on that joke before the end of the year. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Its funny I see Apple want to sell millions to make billions while Meta want to sell billions to make millions and own your soul at the same time lol.

Well it depends what ‘open’ means to you and your frame of reference. Compared to Apple, Meta definitely is open

2 Likes

Welcome back….

1 Like

Well even with the Q3 they are already on different avenues beating AVP. Which imho not that hard considering it’s price point and issues reported so far from end users.

Hopefully partnering with LG works out for Meta as it didn’t work out with Valve with the ”Ultra Gear" SteamVR hmd.

1 Like

Agreed open to the masses to buy vs closed to only the rich. :joy:

2 Likes

Really? So what avenues would that be?

And what issues are the end users reporting?

I absolutely do not give a f if the masses can afford this product, I’m actually pretty happy they can’t so there is less irrelevant chatter about it.

If you haven’t at least tried it, I’d strongly recommend withholding your opinion on it because it’s, well, irrelevant.

The AVP comes with many compromises for sure but it’s the very first actually professionally produced product in the MR space both regarding hw and sw.

I cannot grasp how anyone infatuated with this technology doesn’t praise Apple for what they delivered here.

Cracking front glass, comfort. A quick Google search and you can find relevant complaints. Now with low volume production gives more weight as the sample pool is less.

I might find no issue myself but that doesn’t lessen the complaints out there.

But here goes:

Now is good? Sure like any headset for those without complaint.

Does it have some cool features? Absolutely.

1 Like

To be fair, if you read those reviews you posted they either are still pretty impressed with the headset or are just writing nonsense. Cracking does seem to be a possible issue and it’s front heavy bur other than that it seems to be quite good
Can’t wait to try it myself

1 Like

I wouldn’t really call it non sense but subjective. Which is the case with a lot issues with hmds in general. Comfort though has been a fairly common complaint but that is often more subjective. An hmd will generally be the most comfortable for the head shape it was more design for. I am sure that for example the Deepoon was e2 you bought & tried was not comfortable for you and a couple of other members when the forum was under the pimax brand.

The Q3 is already fairing well against the AVP with implementing similar features. It will be interesting to see how the Quest Pro 2 fairs when released hopefully with a more friendly price point than AVP and well we know it will support gaming.

The plus though is :green_apple: is pushing things forward even if the price is not great. But with :green_apple: one shouldn’t expect consumer friendly pricing.

Though on another note :green_apple: scrapped their self driving car.

2 Likes

Well things like “burst blood vessels” I mean really?? That’s just someone who wants to write an ‘interesting’ article. Maybe in some extreme cases pressure on your face can cause this but this is not something that you can take seriously as criticism for any headset, unless it’s an extreme torture device like the Deepoon indeed was LOL

1 Like

Is that unlikely? Sure but still possible as the person may have something in their biology

Do you remember the DeV that said VR iirc ruined his eyes? Imho not that likely either.

Here it is. Now more possible than maybe blood vessel burst. Though if in the eyes maybe more possible. Though like Deb’s sensitivity to different VR defects likely rare.

This excerpt maybe says enough

Facebook-owned Oculus states in its handbook that one in 4,000 may suffer “dizziness, seizures, eye or muscle twitching.” It recommends users suffering these symptoms discontinue using the headset and see a doctor.

Doctors have previously warned that virtual reality, which is the computer-generated simulation of a real or imaginary environment, can cause eye strain because the brain is forced to process visual stimuli in a different way to normal.

1 Like

I believe it’s possible in some extreme cases. But you can’t really bring this up as criticism towards the Apple Vision Pro. If anything, this would happen on any headset then. It would more be a general VR criticism then.

1 Like

Sure but we can only go with current reports. :green_apple: Headset is pretty new and some of what they have may cause some ppl issues than they have had with other hmds.

Sound familiar? Until :green_apple: has this hmd in more hands any possible strain/medical related issues can be said to affect a small volume of ppl.

1 Like

By the time Apple has a competitive HMD I reckon Sony with have a more comparable HMD. In terms of resolution, FOV, comfort and usefulness.

I see the current AVP more as a historical statement than anything else.

The way Linnas has summarised AVP in his recent video has it down to a tee.

2 Likes

I’m sure the penny has dropped at Sony and they want one headset to rule them all.

When Sony start pumping the PCVR support you’ll see Devs breath fresh air into the platform and then Meta will be back.

2 Likes