VR Game X Pimax Poll

• assetto corsa competizione
  • dirt rally 2
2 Likes

It seems to me that many of the shading problems that many games have, are not strictly down to their abject failure to take camera rotation into account, as provided by the APIs they are addressing, but also to their making certain assumptions that are only true with symmetrical camera frustums.

I am pretty confident that the only reason there is not more complaints about common problems that often crop up with e.g. shaders that simulate ambient occlusion, is that they are not quite as evident with narrower FOV headsets. where the centre of the the (asymmetrical frustum) viewplane is not as far offset from the actual facing direction, as with wider FOV headsets, where the per-eye left/right FOV ratio stretches farther up or down from 1.

…or simply the HDR/tone mapping; Another screen space effect that is not given awareness that the view is different between the eyes, so you get situations where you have something bright to your left side, which is only visible in the left eye view, resulting in the left eye image being normalised to a much higher peak/histogram dominant value than the right one, which lacks the bright thing - infamously evident when rounding a star in Elite Dangerous (EDIT: …and there only “hidden” by the blackness of space which is the most common canvas - as soon as there is actually something there, it becomes much more visible and annoying – hopping into the “full spectrum scanner” mode, with its overlays, exacerbates it a lot). :7

2 Likes

Elite Dangerous - how could you leave this off the list!?

if you could convince FDEV to fix the parallel projections would be wonderful, alongside the opposite panel brightness issue mentioned above.

3 Likes

My wishlist:
Integrate some level of VorpX support into the PiMax experience
Also work with the Subnautica developer to make it easier to use that great game with PiMax headsets.

Asgard’s Wrath
Half Life Alyx
Robinson The Journey
Star Wars Squadrons
Stormland
Lone Echo
Witching Tower
The Walking Dead Saint’s & Sinners
After The Fall
Trench Run VR
Undead Citadel
Return To Nangrim
Hellsplit:Arena
Subnautica
The Great C
The Gallery 1+2
Vector 36
The Wizards
The Mage’s Tale
Seeking Dawn
Feral Rites
Gunheart
GunJack
Time Machine vr
Chronos
Cosmodread
Detached
End Space
Karnage Chronicles
Kobold
The Morrigan
Narcosis
Observer System Redux
Red Matter
Vader Immortal Episode l Episode ll Episode lll
:sweat_smile: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Elite Dangerous
VorpX

1 Like

hahahaha that’s ambitious

1 Like

I play these more than than the ones I could vote for (yes I added Others) :slight_smile:

In order:

No Man’s Sky
Star Wars Squadrons
Elite Dangerous

2 Likes

Along with the ones i voted:

Dirt Rally 2
Elite Dangerous

1 Like

Il2 Great Battles Series (Moscow through to Bodenplatte) by 1C/777
ACC
Star Wars Squadrons

Would be in HL Alyx but I am still waiting development and delivery of Pimax Controllers. :zipper_mouth_face:

I play only Elite Dangerous so…

2 Likes

yeah got it !ED will be the list

2 Likes

thanks for your voting

2 Likes

MSFS 2020. War Thunder.

1 Like

acc please :),

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.