VR Game X Pimax Poll

Assetto Corsa, Automobilista 2, Project Cars 2

2 Likes

No Man’s Sky, Project Cars 2, Subnautica, Dirt Rally 2.0, In Death.

1 Like

Job Stimulator?:grin: never heard.

1 Like

Dirt Rally 2.0 - Project car 2 - Elite dangerous

Aircar!
Whirligig, as Video player, the best for VR

Project Cars 2, No Man´s Sky, Assetto Corsa, StarWars Squadrons…

Please give VORPX full support … the need of not activate Parallel Projection for better performance.

4 Likes

Please look at any games that need PP on. Most of these maybe be cockpit/sim type games and the 8KX excels for those because of the FOV.
Thanks!

1 Like

rFactor 2, Dirt RAlly 2.0, iRacing. Half life 2 (Garri’s mod).

Missing from the list.

Virtual Desktop, GravitySketch, MakeVR Pro

Also, many of the VR games listed (ie. Skyrim) may not reflect the future potential of the genre.

2 Likes

Il-2 Sturmovik Great Battles.

1 Like

I run IL2, Star Wars Squadrons, and Aces High III.
I’d like to run Condor 2 but I have trouble getting it to work (it’s an oculus VR) with my Pimax 8Kx

Elite Dangerous. It’s THE reason I got involved in VR.

1 Like

X-Plane 11 by Laminar Research.

I think many just wrote their favourite game, without focusing on question.

I give my vote to all games with need for paralel projection =on:

a) games completelly wrong without pp;
Here you can focus on simple guide for developers what is needed to make their games with correct geometry in pp off.

b) games which almost work with pp off, but just some graphical errors are breaking it (shadows, lightning, water…).
I.e. Follout 4 has proper 3d geometry (pp off), but shadows, lightning and water reflections are off, and it is not playable this way. Elite dangerous has wrong lightning and shadows, even with pp on, especially on large fov. I thik it is similar problem.
Here you can focus on simple guide for developer about what to avoid when making vr games (which “optimisation” solutions are breaking game in big fov, and/or canted displays)

6 Likes

SkyrimVR is easily the best supported title by modders though. And there just aren’t other room scale open world VR games with the same scope out there, nor will there be until VR is much more mainstream. It is the world’s defacto RPG sandbox and nothing is moving it for some time. There were some really massive VR mods announced/released this week on top of the now classics. Here are a few examples: Higgs latest release (Alyx gravity gloves, hand collision, looting, finger tracking), dynamic compass and maps (compass and maps that you holster and have to navigate ‘in world’ with), VRIK (the best implementation of full body IK in any VR game except maybe Lone Echo, as well as body holsters and a gesture system), I could go on. They are cooking up some amazing stuff over there and they dovetail together. At this stage they are essentially a VR dev team and one of the handful out there doing the most to push VR forwards. Plus Skyrim VR is going to be a port of call for a lot of VR incomers.

Agree with this. Fixing PP in all cases is the biggest and easiest win.

3 Likes

i guess it requires Pimax to push some code & do collabaration with openXR standard but I don’t think it will happen any time soon.

Performance & geometry optic issues on the sides of screens I guess main Pimax issues nowadays for users who not suffer from the eyestrain & IPD problems. And I believe it just needs to add support to common standard such as openxr for canted & big FOV hmds so it doesn’t require every game to be adapted.

1 Like

My point was that the poll may reflect what is true today, not what will be true in the relevant future. Much potential here.

No argument there.

We will see. There certainty is a lot of VR software tech floating around now.

Indeed, I noticed.

1 Like

Can’t vote, I don’t know why, anyway:
On the list:
Skyrim VR (frustrum culling and shadow issues)
Fallout 4 VR (Parallel Projection)
Half-Life Alyx (Parallel Projection -> not real an issue with the side fix)
MSFS 2020 (improve performance, Parallel projection)

Others:
Distance (parallel projection)
Redout (parallel projection)
Star Wars Squadron (parallel projection)
Lone Echo (CDT with 8kx don’t know why)
Asgard Wrath (oculus game -> need index controller fix)
Stormland (oculus game -> need index controller fix)

3 Likes