VoodooDE KDMAS Review (Now Working, Use Adapter Cable to Left Connector)

:blush:…have to ask pimax they seem to be the experts in the field and leading the market with “crappy” audio solutions…well worth the three year wait for everyone. Oh wait there must be something wrong with VoodooDE’s settings or pc.

2 Likes

Interesting that he did not need the top strap adaptor. I thought it is mandatory due to a wider strap design. His strap seemed to fit though, so I assume that the KDMAS may vary in sizes concerning the top strap.

1 Like

He is using the 8k+ vision series has the wide opening and don’t need the adapter.

2 Likes

yup i just did the audio mod on mine and im glad I did. The sound great and it was onky $50 instead of $100.

i dont have high hopes that the DMAS will sound much better.

EDIT: Looks like i may be right LOL that reaction

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, thought the layout of the case was the same, my mistake.

1 Like

Hi folks it seems there maybe an issue as @neelrocker and @DrWilken were discussing.

Here is my Audio results

@VoodooDE yes indeed please test on 5k+ and try the things @generic did as mentioned by DrWilken.

4 Likes

You had so much time to make a great product. Why just why. I’m so dissapointed with you guys at Pimax. I need to promise myself to never buy anything else from you guys in my lifetime.

4 Likes

I probably will when the price comes down. May be second hand though. I’m still standing back an watching. I promised myself not to send them anymore of my money till they fulfill the kickstarter. No sign of my backer box and then it’s still questionable if its really fulfilled.:wink::+1::crossed_fingers::tickets:

2 Likes

You’re doing it wrong. This is how mine shipped^

8 Likes

i just got mine today, is there a trick to installing the top strap adapter for a 5k+? it seems to only be held in (poorly) by friction, it doesnt actually click or seem meant to fit anything. fully assembled it’s functional only because the ck cowl is preventing it from sliding out:

if im right. it does not clip in but on it.

2 Likes

Is that the proper way to route the headset cable? Mine was shipped plugged directly in without the loop. This whole time I’ve been thinking it was poor design or something.

1 Like

yes mine is like that. maybe a little too tight. time will tell us.

2 Likes

Just check, it was posted somewhere, there actually was a trick to it and I remember it looked different to what you did. (think you need to clip it onto the upper plastic piece edge, not to slide it between …although it looks like the most logical way)
Apart of that, try to run the cable under the strap and not above it.
I don‘t have mine yet so I can‘t tell you exactly how to do it.

edit: posted by @cocorickoo

5 Likes

this is exactly what i needed, thanks for the picture! it’s clipped correctly now

2 Likes

I rerouted mine with the cable looped around like that and I can now use the cable holder as intended. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

remember the main reason for the delay from when they showed it at January CES was to improve the audio and headstraps.

This is what they came up with.

I commented directly to him with a screenshit of mine on his youtube channel as well.

Thing is though, (and maybe its just me) but from that video , did you get the impression that @VoodooDE just isnt caring too much anymore about what Pimax sends him?

Some of his comments showed a general lack of interest as the cable thing seemed like a little more effort would have solved his issue.

Or not knowing where the audio comes from on the SMAS.

He seems like an employee who knows he is going to to quit any day and just is punching his time card and phoning it in.

I dont know something is definetely different. The 3 Pimax musketeers have disbanded(MRTV, VoodooDe and Sweviver) and seem to want to move on.( Well 2 out of 3 of them at least)

3 Likes

I cut my Vive DAS to fit it in there alone with the eye tracking module on my 5k+.(So regretting that now, it looks like sheet)

That wasn’t very nice of You… :rofl::poop:

3 Likes