Vive Base Station not detected

Hi!

I’m new to VR. I’ve received my 5K+ and have bought a single VIVE base station (base station only, not headset or link box). The Pimax is recognized in steamvr and pitool, but the base station isn’t recognized by either. In steamvr settings I get a “Bluetooth services not available” messages in the Bluetooth tab. Not sure how to connect it or if I need additional hardware (HTC link box) or additional software (VIVE, etc)? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Is your bluetooth service configured correctly in windows. Do you have any other devices working with bluetooth?

I believe so. My PC is recognized on my phone, when I try to add a Bluetooth device in windows it doesn’t see the base station there either.

maybe @Heliosurge can help out further.

1 Like

LH v1.0 use a special Bluetooth protocol in the Vive Linkbox.

Turn off bluetooth power savings.

Ensure your have pitool running disconnect LH power & replug. Try room setup in pitool. Some I think have said to move the headset in a circle.

Check the troubleshooting wiki in the 5k 8k directory link in the banner topic

Backer or pre order?

1 Like

Preorder. Where would the Bluetooth power savings option be found?

1 Like

Steamvr settings. Thank you

Sorry, I don’t have that option. It says “Bluetooth Services Not Available”.

I’m not sure. But ro wake up the lh just un plug power & replug.

1 Like

Does your light house have the green LED lit at the top and 9 red LED’s lit? Also maybe configure the switch in the back of the LH to a different setting

1 Like

Turn off computer and turn both LH on. Then turn on your computer and open pitool. Then turn on the hmd and then turn both controller on(make sure both controllers are paired with the 5k headset).

My lighthouses wasnt tracking until i paired both of the controllers.

1 Like

Yes, it does have a green light on and red lights. But SteamVR isn’t recognizing it. Says Bluetooth services aren’t available.

@Hastyworks…did you ever get this working? I’m having the same issues with two lighthouses.

1 Like

You can try the method described here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/8k-5k-headset-not-tracked-workaround/17454

1 Like

I had this problem when I first got my Pimax 5k plus, using a single LH setup as I only use it for sim racing. After a couple of weeks away I’ve come back to it and we’re back to the same issue. But this time it seems I can’t fix it. All drivers are up to date but PiTool keeps telling me the LH is disconnected. I seriously regret buying this headset. For what these cost, I expected things to be more ‘plug n play’ than this. Sure, I expected some hiccups or a little tinkering but I didn’t expect to have to ‘turn this on, turn this off’, ‘delete these files’, ‘turn things on in this order’ etc etc. About at my wits end here.

I have the same issues. I wanted to use it for sim racing and flying. I spent half a day tinkering with my lighthouse and 5kplus. My pumas has been collecting dust ever since. Went right back to my Oculus. Considering revisiting and have found this topic. Still looks to be no difinitive answer.

I did get mine to working. Got a refurb Vive link box and it connects every time now. When I connect I have to turn the headset around and to and from the sensor, then it starts tracking.

1 Like

There is no such config directory or file in the C:\ProgramData\pimax\runtime\ folder?

Not at home right now so can’t check but it’s a very old post so maybe the path has changed?

There was/is a “lighthouse” folder in it so maybe You can search for that globally.

Our maybe just search for “pimax” or “runtime” (folders) and see if You can find it.

1 Like