VC components missing

Pimax 5k XR
Windows 10 pro 64
GPU 2080ti,
CPU Ryzen 7 3800X
32 gig

I have tried both versions Version: v1.0.1.255 and Version: V 2020.3.24. diagnostics in both versions indicate missing VC Components. the diagnostic page has a “repair” button beside the failure but the link is broken.

It appears to link to a file called VC.Zip

anyone have this or can send me where to find it. My wife gave me this as a Birthday gift at the beginning of the week… she is sad now as I am frustrated. I submitted a ticket two days ago which seems to not be lost?.

HELP

Assuming VC stands for Visual Studio C/C++ runtime distributables, you might want to give try to installing them from here: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

Get the x64 version (vc_redist.x64.exe). It may try reinstalling some you already have, but otherwise it should be harmless.

EDIT: Start with the latest package, and if it does not help, move progressively to the past, by trying the older ones.

Which VC package is missing depends on which runtime PiTool uses, which I do not know.

1 Like

I have installed all up to 2015… then stopped. Do you think it’s further back?

1 Like

I have checked my PiTool and it seems it uses mostly v140 runtime, which would correspond to VC 2015 redist. But I also found reference to msvcr100.dll (which may refer to VC 2010!).

Could you list all DLLs you have installed in: C:\Program Files\Pimax\Runtime?

1 Like

You seem to have the same CRT DLLs as I do, despite you trying to hide them behind the bubble :slight_smile:. At least in this directory. What I found different, you are missing jsoncpp.dll and have one I do not have libusb-1.0.dll. I am pretty sure, neither is coming from VC redist, but are open source libs. You may try to get jsoncpp.dll from some older version.

I believe there were reports that some PiTool versions were missing some components (so people who simply installed them over the older one did not notice, but I do not know which versions they were, or if it was really confirmed). I am myself on pretty old version v132.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.