Varjo VR-3 THROUGH THE LENS Footage - Human Vision Resolution!

It’s understandable. When you pay that much for something, you want it to be worth the price. For some they can live with a G2 while saving money.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think I would have brought myself to spend $4000 on it for 1 year subscription. But I saved 33% paying $2700. The seller on eBay basically spent $1300 to have it for a few weeks. If I decide not to keep it I’m sure I can get my money back out of it or at close to it.

1 Like

If you don’t keep it, give us a heads up! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s plausible that he sold it on because he didn’t have enough PC power to drive it.

You need a 3080 as a minimum I believe.

1 Like

Interesting look :

If the VR 3 does work after the 1 year subscription is over then it might be a no brainer

If you read the whole comments, your see he was corrected.

2 Likes

Hey, still waiting on your feedback on the headset :slight_smile: … its like you vanished.

@Indubious
I have put my impressions on the Varjo discord “But they are probably hard to find”. I am receiving a replacement headset that is being shipped this week so I should reserve my review until then. I will just say if resolution, colors and good blacks are your thing you will probably love it.

I hope they can produce a consumer priced version one day. This looks like the headset I always wanted but it’s just so much money.

I think maintaining firmware, driver and software updates would be no less than essential for such a new device so dropping the subscription probably wouldn’t be a great idea.

Nvidia/AMD driver updates alone can be enough to break things not to mention SteamVR and Windows changes.

4 Likes

@NextGenVR do you know what the differences (besides $$) are between the VR3 and XR3? Why did you choose the VR3?

Thanks,

The XR3 is built to be an Augmented as well as Virtual Reality headset, so it has higher quality external cameras and sensors

@evertec Thanks for the info. So, any recommendations on how to go about buying if you aren’t a company?

Just find a Varjo retailer in your country.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.