Varjo Aero sounds promising

They’ve purchased 9 major vr entities in the last 2 years - puts them in a position to hurt companies like Varjo, Pimax and even Valve.

4 Likes

Well at least it now has an audio jack, so that makes adding your own headphones easier (I don’t like wireless too much also for the weight). I would have definitely appreciated an integrated solution but for me personally not that important.

2 Likes

Isnt there a violation of market balance there? I think I heard there is an investigation because of FB using its power.

Looks good but I like being married and at that price point I wont be. Lol.

wait for users to sell them on ebay after they are not satisfied :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is indeed a scary thing and add to that Microsoft who aren’t fans of VR buying Zenimax means we’ll probably have to rely on guys like the famous Luke Ross to make the next Elder Scrolls VR. Btw we’ve been talking to Luke and sending him a headset.

10 Likes

I knew it was not going to a consumer headset but a pro-sumer level product. Glad I didnt purchased the VR 3 months ago, or I would have been punching my face right about now. Valve has something, Oculus in a few days and Pimax. Best to wait and see and not do any impulse purchase.

7 Likes

I’m bummed by the fov, or lack of it! Jeez, why won’t manufacturers make a decent fov?! wah! That’s why I invested in Pimax in the first place! I used to snorkel with prescription lenses and I really wish I could make these manufacturers try it! It sucks in rl and it sucks in vr!
At 115 degrees, I wouldn’t touch this at half the price.

Not as much hurt as Pimax does to themselves.

2 Likes

Meh, Zenimax are VR frauds. They only rushed half-baked VR ports out the door to maintain appearances when they were trying to steal Oculus money.

What have they done for VR since. Oh right , Cyberpilot.

There hasn’t been a peep out of Bethesda for 2 years or more now and I doubt they have any plans going forward.

This all from the company that claimed they were “totally working on VR, if it wasn’t fir that pesky Carmack stealing our ideas” lol🤣

3 Likes

@NextGenVR is crying himself to sleep right about now. Thinking about all the money the VR-3 cost him and will continue to cost him every year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I have a lifetime subscription. And it is what it is.

10 Likes

Did you ever get the focus displays to work in steamvr games and does it actually make much of a difference?

I’m actually more mad that Varjo didn’t offer to send me the Varjo Aero for review.

I was the first to review the VR-3 and they had even featured my review in their newsletter. But I’m too small of a YouTuber so they didn’t work with me.

EDIT: They are sending one to me as part of the second batch of reviewers.

12 Likes

No one wants to buy a VR-3 now that the Aero is out lol. That was the risk we took by being early adopters.

1 Like

I like Norm from Tested

2 Likes

Vrsimguy also have it.

Definitely not a good thing that Fakebook is buying all those company’s you see the same with Amazon and other really big companies also lockdowns and other bullshite is killing of the smaller companies one bye one so it’s total monopoly for the big companies its such a dirty game they play it really pisses me off so I’ll never buy an oculus even if it’s better than al the rest and half as expensive i really piss on Facebook!!

3 Likes

Well for gaming the Aero obviously is the better choice. However for commercial companies the VR3 still might be very interesting. But yeah selling will not be easy

3 Likes

…facebook…

…facebook…

…facebook…

…or whatever the new name might be, that they have come up with, :7