Valve Index HMD announced

What does that have to do with Valve’s Index?

1 Like

So, anyone here actually managed to preorder the Index ?

I wish i could :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes, says ships by jun 28th

1 Like

Pre-ordered the controllers

2 Likes

It will be quite the experience to gauge the Pimax 5k+ against the Index.

Im anxious !

2 Likes

So what do you guys think of the Valve Index refresh rate and the .330ms to 0.530ms low persistence? /S

Something that would need to be experienced to see if it really offsets the low Res offered enough to be worth it.

There’s a lot of speculation for the Index HMD. They still have an NDA out… and are taking pre-orders… it sounds pretty suspect to me.

1 Like

People at hands on do not have an NDA

2 Likes

keep in mind that those people have pre release hardware that might be different from the final version, when making NDA’s and giving dev’s units you don’t know how much that difference will be so i would expect that all dev’s with pre release hardware are not allowed to publish anything about it, even after release of the final hardware

1 Like

True but do we have a teardown yet? :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

No, of course not.

The product hasn’t even been launched yet, so a teardown would be more than unusual.

I did pre-order the Index in spite of the fact that I don’t have all data available yet, and I fully intend to make good use of my EU consumer rights after receiving it. If it doesn’t utterly impress me I will send it back within the 14 days.

3 Likes

I would have strongly considered Index for the preorder as well, as I am quite curious about its various aspects, which I believe are still distinguishing it quite well from all the other headsets, even though it does not exactly “shine” at FOV or the resolution.

But since my IPD is 72 mm and the Index is supposed to support it only up to 70 mm, I would need some anecdotal evidence first before jumping on board. Besides, I guess I could still play with the Pimax :wink:

But I would be really interested in your observation once you got yours.

3 Likes

My IPD is 67.5 mm so I won’t be able to let you know exactly how it would feel for you.

I do, however, absolutely intend to write up a concise summary on the Index package once I have gotten an initial feel for it.

And what I will do, and please do remind me in case I forget by the time I actually get the damn thing, is setting the HMD’s IPD to 65.5mm to simulate a -2mm deviation from physical IPD and let you know how I fare.

4 Likes

i wanted the valve index,but i am not for sure anymore…

I switched to the small field off view today to almost compare it with the valve index,but i dont think i could live with that anymore…

3 Likes

Isn’t small 120 FOV? Will be interesting to see what the index FOV will turn out to be for most people.

1 Like

A hands on with the index was posted on the iracing forum and reposted to reddit

1 Like

The post was removed?

1 Like

It broke some arcane rule of tardiquette, a link to the source is provided in the comments but can’t be accessed without a login.

1 Like

Can someone please copy it to here?

2 Likes