Valve Index Controller TRACKING Drifting

Im having Index Controllers drifting now. I saw that this has been happening to others. Is there a fix for it?

No. Well, not any true fix, anyway. You could always adjust the deadzone for the sticks, but the situation will simply continue to get worse over time. The only real option seems to be to RMA them ad nauseam back to Valve. It truly is a shame.

This thread might over on the Valve Index Reddit might be of interest to you:

2 Likes

I had experienced stick drift for a couple months but put up with it because when I moved my thumbstick a bit, the drift would stop. Eventually the thumbstick stopped detecting up/down movements and only worked left/right.

Get an RMA right now. Valve is fast and you’ll be happy to get working controllers. I wish I had gotten an RMA months ago instead of waiting and tolerating it.

2 Likes

Not a thunbstick drift

I see a tracking drift

1 Like

The controllers track all by themselves. So unless it’s losing connectivity, it shouldn’t be tied to Pimax. For example, I am using a Reverb now with Index Controllers and Lighthouses - until the 8KX arrives.

The Lighthouse system doesn’t react well to reflective surfaces. That includes milky glass of cupboards or similar things. A see-through / glassy PC case for example. Cover them all up.

1 Like

Ive been using a valve index for the last year almost and i stopped using my 5k+ when my valve index came last year.

I never had an issue with the index controllers until i connected them to the pimax 5k+ via pitool yesterday. Is there maybe a different process to connect them or do i just connect them in pitool? Should i connect them in SteamVR settings also, like i normally did with the Valve Index?

The moment i connected them, both controllers started to drift off screen.

1 Like

I see.

Yeah that sounds weird indeed. Maybe use a completely clean installation of SteamVR (remove all remaining settings from before too). No real idea on that. Maybe open a Support Ticket.

I pair them in SteamVR.

To connect the ICs when using the Reverb, I use two Watchman Dongles, formerly Steam Controller Dongles.

Ok thanks. Ill try connecting thru steam VR and see how it is. I only had like 30 seconds to use them before a race last night in iracing so ill try them more later and see if it works better

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.