Upload-vr CES controversy

One of the units failed… Did any more give trouble?
Wide FOV makes you sick…what ?
Distortions were bad/ distracting
Not the game changing review I was expecting, what you guys think?

7 Likes

If you are seeing distortions, that could indeed trigger nausea. It probably means that the headset was not adjusted properly. It takes quite a bit of tweaking, to get the fit “just right”.

I don’t have either problem with my 8K, which I like well enough that I’ve ordered a 8KX. That will solve my 2 biggest issues with my 8K: SDE and inability to see fine details.

8 Likes

PImax headsets need adjustments and time to get used to. So just trying one on might not give the best impression of actually owning one. I hope readers will read up on this on the forum for instance instead of just this guy’s article of him and his weak stomach.

5 Likes

Yeah I totally agree , I love my 8k and yeah I had to change the face foam and play around with it to get it right!
But with the new mas and face cushion, I was hoping a lot of that tweaking was done away with.
After all the efforts the pimax team put into CES ,it’s sad to see a review like this,were are the positives?
It’s tough work pushing vr forward!!!

4 Likes

But he claims that it had “significant” distortions which makes me worry a bit.

4 Likes

I know, but sweviver did ask people about that on the video’s and all of them said they seen next to none!!

8 Likes

You don’t need to worry. It’s way better than before.

22 Likes

Nice to hear btw when do you get your 8K X?
I want to visit the headquarters and check it out!

2 Likes

Strange, almost sounds like he was at the wrong booth and tried an old 8k from years ago…

4 Likes

Wonder how they made that conclusion? Seems like Upload are running a smear campaign. All reviews so far on the 8K-X have been extremely positive. Here’s another good one https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/en9oun/ces_2020_my_quick_review_of_pimax_8k_x_xtal_vs/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

14 Likes

They hardly have any active readers. I wouldn’t bother with that site. Roadtovr is real vr news and the only place I go for vr.

7 Likes

wow “clarity a bump up from the reverb” nicee i did expect it would be about the same wich is awesome already

4 Likes

Every single video and impressions post that I’ve seen or read from anyone who has tried the 8kx at CES has been glowingly positive with basically no negative impressions of any level at all. And I have been searching those impressions and videos out. I can safely ignore the impressions from this person based on that alone. edit: oh yeah I have read negative comments about the sound but that doesn’t worry me because there are options to easily solve that if it turns out to really be a problem in a quiet environment.

5 Likes

From UploadVR Surely a wider field of view is something we want in future VR headsets but I remain unconvinced we’ll see it at an affordable price other than from a major platform like Facebook, Valve, Sony, Google, or Apple with large teams developing both optics and eye tracking technologies which could make these devices more comfortable.

Dont tell me he think eye tracking will enlarge the FoV? lol. Anyways they keep bashing Pimax with stupid comments during their video about CES.

And this guy claim there are not really differences between the + and X and that the 5k+ is better than the Artisan.
I just said where someone posted this (on a french forum) that I think he lack the visual acuity to see the difference, wearing glasses doesnt mean perfect view, but corrected

4 Likes

Should not worry, as Pimaxowners we now how the headsets and optics are like and we heard from multiple sources the distortions have improved, they are focussing on flaws and exaggerate them.

2 Likes

It’s UploadVR, every things isn’t Oculus is broken, and Pimax is more broken than everything else

I’ve never really understood the real reason for this, but it’s so obvious…

5 Likes

has been a VR enthusiast since before the Oculus Kickstarter

Iam tired of this bull**** “I did VR before you…”
When I was kid, I played this virtuality90 in my Arcade, do I have to put this in my CV and before any sentences I says ?..

7 Likes

They have wrote in review - they only like big company’s :slight_smile: Sponoserd zealots - thats it !

“Surely a wider field of view is something we want in future VR headsets but I remain unconvinced we’ll see it at an affordable price other than from a major platform like Facebook, Valve, Sony, Google, or Apple”

4 Likes

I also played with Amiga Virtuality when I was 24 in 1993 … Amazingly there was already a motion controller to wield a sword against skeletons…

8 Likes

That was done with electromagnetism. It’s a good solution but might have issues with interference.

3 Likes