Upgrade program for Pimax 4k owners!

Just got this email:

Dear 4K users,

We have just opened the Headset Upgrade Program for you! You can now Go Upgrade to VISION 8K X/ VISION 8K PLUS, 5K XR or 5K PLUS!

Best,
Pimax team

5 Likes

https://store.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/vision-8k-series-upgrade-plan-for-current-owner-375

3 Likes

Wow this is such a great deal. As a backer I want to go back in time and not back the kickstarter, then I do not have to worry about turning in my stretch goals for basically -$100 off (Vision 8K PLUS (Standard Headphone Version is 849.00 for non backers, backer $700 + 100 credit for down grade, +$150 free eye tracking & other stretch goals=$950)
Thanks for holding my $100 credit hostage and having basically nothing to buy with it except a Pricey HMD that is not even complete yet (There is still a countdown timer on the pimax backer upgrade plan page) and reneging on the free eye tracking stretch goal! Pimax is firing on ALL CYLINDERS!

I’m so happy to be a BACKER and to have help this company be what it is today! /S

13 Likes

Yeah not very backer-friendly deal. :dizzy_face::exploding_head:

I must say I’m a bit disappointed (again)
@PimaxVR

5 Likes

On the good many backers are original pimax backers are 4k/B1 owners. And it is good that they are giving back to pre KS backer owners. (Still have my p4k)

Good on one side & still not so good on the otherside.

1 Like

Backers continue to get :fu: whilst everyone else gets a discount…

1 Like

Yes that is nice of them. Also it’s for any non backer who purchased a 5k+, 5K XR, 8k.

Backers are basically getting a -$100 discount after pimax takes our $100 downgrade credit and all the backer stretch goals away

Yeah, will work for some of us. Definitely not worth opting out of any stretch goals with the P4K added to the list.

Now I could sell my 5K+ with comfort kit and MAS and use the P4K discount to contribute towards an upgrade.

2 Likes

B1 Users got scammed so hard. They honestly deserve something.

What I found hilarious is that I never bought Pimax 4K and the only way how Pimax could got my email address is from the KS. Yet, they find it worth the try to send me an email, where they offer something and explicitly prohibit me from taking the offer.

8 Likes

It’s likely a general pimax mail update as p4k & B1 models were not tracked as end user purchases.

I would suspect pimax likely mailed anyone with a forum account here as the forum has a folks here prior to the KS.

It’s always important to notify customers of special programs that they cannot participate in! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well we did at least get a 100 dollar voucher and another 100 for backing the original Kickstarter better than a kick in the nuts I suppose :wink:

Backers are #1, just like promised.

How is the upgrade program supposed to work? Only for people who bought it from the Pimax store? I bought mine from Gearbest.

1 Like

Hi @Neofit I think you must supply the serial number in the process.

2 Likes

Hi Neofit,

It’s not matter where you bought just need your provide your buying evidence.

B.R.
Konger

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses.

Also, I’ve just noticed that I can only upgrade to the “basic” HMD packages, i.e. without the base stations nor controllers. And I can’t find them separately in the store. So if I go the upgrade path I’ll have to buy the controllers separately from Steam? (and that’s the real Valve Index controllers we are getting from the Pimax store with the full package or some compatible ones?)

Thanks.

1 Like

The basestations and index controllers that Pimax sells are the real deal

2 Likes

Hi Neofit,

Sure, we can offer a bundle along with a headset.

B.R.
Konger

2 Likes