[Updated] 8K Arrived Monday 25th Feb 2019, it's not plug and play but after tweaking it's amazing

Two things help with the initial detection (in my observation): HMD should be in the line of sight with the Lighthouse. Second, PiServiceLauncher service restart helps. I can help setting up a script, if you are interested.

Really, the tracking that does not work initially and work later is Pimax software bugs. They need to be fixed, and I’d gladly help in any way I can, but so far no idea who the dev is, so not sure who even talk to. Service restart is easy to do though, compared to the sad state VR software is in, overall.

1 Like

How does SteamVR/PiTool know what’s going on if there is no link between the PC and the lighthouse?

The lighthouse sends out coded pulses of light and the headset receives them and sends the info back to the PC over the USB cable.

3 Likes

if i set the brightness to high in pitool it is harder to detect,it’s better on normal over here

Teamviewer session this morning, and lighthouse tracking sorted. I think the main problem was I was too close. Now I’ve moved the LH to the far corner of the room it’s connecting ok.

World wobble / latency is still a problem, maybe I can minimise it by changing settings. It seems a little better right to left but up and down is horrible.

If I move my head slowly it’s ok but rapid movement is a problem, if I had to make a guess it’s a mismatch in the acceleration calculation to replicate head movement. Input lag!

2 Likes

The headset tracking sensors is how it tracks.

Bluetooth is used to turn on & off LHes. It doesn’t need to communicate with pc as mentioned except for firmware updates

3 Likes