Update 12/6/18: M1 tracking info

My son is majoring in computer engineering and minor in software engineering . He should do well…hopefully better then this old construction supervisor of a father…lol

2 Likes

A one unit just arrived to Canada.

how do u know and who

What about the E3 Captoglove demo - any sign of the M1 being shown over there ?

4 Likes

I mentioned it to vr focus. they said they would pass it on to their team on the ground

4 Likes

Don’t know who, but xunshu update on first post.

It says Winnipeg Canada… on the tracking.

2 Likes

“It says the receiver must pay the duties of taxes due on the package” it means that tester have to pay for taxes?

So either the destination scan doesn’t mention they paid or someone needs to go pay their bills.

That doesn’t seem fair, since s/he will have to pay duties on the final headset as well. The M1 package should have been labeled as a loner or something, unless Pimax will reimburse them for the M1 duties.

1 Like

Yeah it would be nice if they (Pimax) honor any expense and credit difference on the final version for any testers.

1 Like

Obviously Pimax will reimburse. It’s part of the testing stage. And peanuts for them.

2 Likes

I just hope the final headsets backers dont have to pay customs. i will not have the money for that. :disappointed:

Of course you will have to pay any custom’s duty, VAT, etc. It’s an overseas purchase (unless you live in China, in which case you may need to pay a sales tax). Start saving for it now.

5 Likes

If they do what the said i dont have to pay "We plan to ship larger volume of packages to the local warehouses and then ship individual packages from the local warehouses to you.
We currently have warehouses in the US and EU.
If we find a lot of backers in other regions, we will make sure to find warehouses there too. "

1 Like

I missed this, glad to see it -thanks.

I remember that quote. I think they will use Pimax 4K distribution routes

My Pimax 4K was shipped from China to my home in NY… there were no warehouses in the U.S. that I know of. It took the 4K 3 weeks to reach my house!!!

“It says the receiver must pay the duties of taxes due on the package” it means that tester have to pay for taxes?

Yes

So either the destination scan doesn’t mention they paid or someone needs to go pay their bills.

The website was updated before it even arrived. You guys knew it was “here” before I did.

That doesn’t seem fair, since s/he will have to pay duties on the final headset as well. The M1 package should have been labeled as a loner or something, unless Pimax will reimburse them for the M1 duties.

Canada Customs does not have an option for that sort of thing. There’s no way around customs fees.

Obviously Pimax will reimburse. It’s part of the testing stage. And peanuts for them.
This was not discussed. I don’t know if I’ll get that money back.

If they do what the said i dont have to pay "We plan to ship larger volume of packages to the local warehouses and then ship individual packages from the local warehouses to you.
We currently have warehouses in the US and EU.
If we find a lot of backers in other regions, we will make sure to find warehouses there too. "

That won’t matter for people in Canada. Customs fees are unavoidable. YAY NAFTA!

19 Likes

Congrats Pumcy! (2020202)