Unreal Engine 5 Revealed! | Next-Gen Real-Time Demo Running on PlayStation 5

One friend found a cheat to make killing the end monster by setting details and effects to low.

But yeah a multi pc support would have some neat benefits on a variety of things.

Damn Im gonna need a bigger coffee mug!! I hope that one day I can experience this kind of detail in VR :star_struck:

5 Likes

Once Sony releases its next gen PSVR for PS5, then I might have to buy them!
I think there will be a lot of beautiful VR games to play that I don’t want to miss out on.

1 Like

Gorgeous. Really curious to hear somebody knowledgeable lay out any bits they, as is typical, omit mentioning. :7

First obvious questions would be:

• Are they able to background stream all this detail, hitchlessly, or will we be looking at cassette-tape-on-the-c64 style loading times, and terabyte installations? :stuck_out_tongue:

• “No authored LODs”, they qualify… What lies behind that caveat emptor exactly?

• Will this asset resolution work with skinned, deformable- or even just moving -objects, or essentially be mainly for statics? -The character in the demo remaining the usual plasticine elf doll, suggests the latter.

• So without LODs, and with such dense geometry: Where are we left with regard to aliasing? Things said, seems to suggest they will be leaning heavily on TAA, or a possibly machine-learning assisted evolution thereof, which some of us may be less than enthusiastic about. -Mind you; For VR, I, for one, can appreciate the upside to some aliasing…

• So about limitations to the new dynamic GI… There are no limitations whatsoever, then, are there not? Even with secondary light bounced off, or occluded by, all that film production quality assetry? Hmmmmmm…… If nothing else (flowing together somewhat with the temporal antialiasing concern above); When they move the “sun” there at the beginning, there does seem to be a bit of an update lag, carrying on to refine the result for a few frames, after the motion has stopped…

/curmudgeon_mode :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow that’s impressive , a very dynamic real environment . I can’t wait to get home and watch it on a 4k monitor .

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.