Unable to apply per-game Steam optimisation settings in Pimax Experience

Hi @SweViver and @arminelec.

As I mentioned in this thread I am unable to apply manual per-game SteamVR optimisation settings from within PE. Here is a screenshot of the message which appears when I click on “apply profile”:

Obviously I have SteamVR installed and set up.
I don’t usually have any problem with my antivirus (Malwarebytes)
My Windows UAC is set to default (“notify me only when applications try to make changes to my computer”)

I have manually edited steamvr.settings several times and it has never asked for admin privileges.

Any suggestions? Any logs I should examine?

2 Likes

Thank you @Troz for reporting the issue.
Will have a look and in case there is something you could do, I will let you know.
Meanwhile, please attach your log file (or paste it into pastebin, or message via Discord). It might help with narrowing down the issue faster.

2 Likes

@Troz or @Heliosurge , would you please move this PE bug report under the https://community.openmr.ai/c/PEXPBeta/PEBetaBug/ ?

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks @arminelec. Tried to send you the logfile by PM but it doesn’t show up in my “sent” folder. So sent via Discord, I hope.

1 Like

my steamvr config file changed places on Wednesday or Thursday. can be a track?
it is now in this folder: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config”

I noticed it because the “autoLaunchSteamVROnButtonPress”: false command had no effect.

1 Like

SteamVR is still putting my vrsettings file in C:Users<name>\AppData\Local\openvr. But according to my logfile, PE looks in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config too.

1 Like

my C:Users\AppData\Local\openvr config file still here but not use anymore.

1 Like

We have identified the issue and why you see this message. It seems the profile gets correctly applied, yet something else goes wrong.
This issue will be resolved in either the upcoming release (v0.61), or the one after that. Nonetheless, the fix will be coming soon.
Thanks again for reporting it!

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes