UK VAT, Customs etc buying from Aliexpress anyone?

Anyone in the UK purchased an Aritsan from Aliexpress and have info on what it ends up costing?

1 Like

i think it was @Ludiks that got an artisan from Aliexpress. So he might be able to tell what extra expenses there was. It should be comparable the year out.

3 Likes

Hello, yes I got one from AliEx but I am not in UK, I am from France.
The package was 80$ declared value and I had to pay 40€ taxes (including 20€ flat fees).

Hope it helps. :wave:

3 Likes

Thanks Ludx but what do you mean by ‘declared’ value. Is this the value that was written on the product by Aliexpress? If so were the taxes based on this - so if the ‘declared’ value was in line with the actual price you would have paid a lot more (I think the tax system works basically the same in the UK)?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Lloyd. I have imported lots of parts for a bike in the past and the sellers often put sample/gift and a very low value on the item to reduce the tax. Kind but obviously illegal. I wonder how much we will be stung when the 8kx or plus arrives here from pimax.

hello, I am from Russia and I also bought artisan on aliexpress I had to pay a tax, also about 40 €, the scheme with a low cost on the parcel does not work anymore, customs knows the real cost and you have to pay a tax on the real cost.

1 Like

Basically, expect to add whatever your local VAT is, as import taxes reflect exactly this. Whatever is stated on the proforma/papers on the shipment may only pass customs with lick of filled correctly ( five fold copy, correct tariff code with plausible price) which is almost never the case. So, either pick it up at customs while providing proof of transferred sum on purchasing, or pass these to local courier on notification and add whatever their flat fee is ( round 40,- EUR for DHL here in Germany).

1 Like

Sorry for late reply
Yes declared value is the value used to calculate the amount of taxes.
Customs can check the package and apply whatever they want if they find the declared price is not the right one or too low.

Heya, you mean now the taxes are no longer 40€ or something but more?

no, the fact is that we have our own currency ₽, I now calculated at the old rate I paid about 32 €

Thanks, hopefully I’ll find out for sure soon as I have one apparently wining it’s way to me in the UK right now!!

1 Like

Hope you enjoy your Artisan and it arrives soon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.