Tyriel Wood Quest2 vs Reverb G2 vs Index

Pimax’s 8kX Wow is more the FoV with having around the same ppd potential as the Reverb G2.

However pimax needs to improve customer experience drasticly to gain a real wow effect.

2 Likes

I just compared the tyriel wood previous TTL g1 video and the new g2 TTL video, feels to me g2 resolves about same amount of detail compared to the g1, perhaps less mura effect, maybe thats why no one ever wants to do a direct g1 vs g2 TTL coz i assume that will be a meh and hurt the pre-order commision. and if 8kx is like g1, then 8kx has quite a bit going for it with better than the rest tracking and fov. (well, if it fits your face that is, and maybe some counter weight from @Davobkk, 8kx is front heavy, and tightening strap is not ideal)

what I conclude from the video is, Quest 2 is great value.

4 Likes

Improving their PR is biggest ROI for them right now I think. Customer service too cause that will improve their reputation.

We’ve said these things for years though … sometimes it seems Pimax don’t want to succeed (as much as they easily could).

Just get a friendly professional native English speaking face for all PR … don’t get into quarrels with customers, the media, and social influencers … don’t send prototypes unannounced to Youtubers and then tell them later it is NDA.

It seems media (just like some of us) just don’t want to deal with Pimax anymore.

I agree with others here that the 8KX does deserve coverage. It is in many ways the best consumer HMD available right now. Because it is Pimax though … their brand reputation means some people just dismiss it as an option and media are wary to recommend it.

5 Likes

Different price points. Price in EU for the 8kx is €1,700 plus tax and shipping. You’re looking at €2,000+

That’s 3X+ more than HP reverb package.

Then you got the Pimax customer service experience, 2 pieces of beta software and some of the worst corporate communication you can think of. It’s a tough sell.

Over the past year, in my sim racing groups and communities, the Pimax name has effectively disappeared. Before that Pimax was the great hope.

3 Likes

some people are cursed with a focal length that is exactly on the pixels of the screen instead of beyond them. May you need a 16K headset.

Im sure pimax will be taking upgrades for that during the autumn event for delivery in Jan 2021.
Order now and be guaranteed to get it first. :smirk:

2 Likes

Software is a major part of that. PE is a great step towards that but the desktop pitool needs a modern overhaul.

1 Like

I wondered that too, wouldnt it make sense for Tryiel to do a G1 vs G2 video?

I wonder if HP forbade him to do that.

3 Likes

I 100% agree. But it’s concerning from what I can tell this company is on the same path as HTC is without the $$

How much of this can Pimax sustain?

Whats the point of having the most expensive, hi-tech hmd if nobody except us wants to buy it & major VR channels are disassociating themselves.

Will Pimax be around in a year …two?

There is a way out of this but I think rebranding or an outside purchase may be the only hope.

Like when logitech took over Saitek.

1 Like

I wonder this as well as MRTV also seems reluctant to do a G1 vG2 comparison. Look at quest 1 v 2 they happened instantly.

2 Likes

Yeah they even compared to CV1. lol

2 Likes

I have had this thought for a long time with Steam’s desktop interface as well.

PE looks like it can remove the need to use tge desktop interface. Though don’t find it that bad save it could use tool tips and better documentation.

2 Likes

I haven’t kept up. Has anyone asked him?

1 Like

Hi.
I’m sure it was mentioned during this video. :0)

1 Like

Hundred times…

after all, Tyriel had said in one of his first reviews on Twitter:
"For owners of the G1, an upgrade is only worthwhile if they don’t know what to do with the money.

2 Likes

I did pre-order the G2 today, because Pimax is again late and disappointing.
Therefore, I will be wondering what kind of challenge G2 can make against 8KX :popcorn:
I will definitely make a comparison through the lens.

Pimax, this you made me buy G2 as well
Now I have to make choices again, yeah :sunglasses:

Anyway, I’m interested in trying this :beers:

3 Likes

I hope your 8kx arrives shortly. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thank you, congratulations on the arrival of 8KX. I hope it was worth it :beers: :partying_face: :ok_hand:

Yes, if I get 8KX at least in October, it will be a miracle for me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you I hope so as well first off impressions are very good. :+1::blush:

2 Likes

he said that?
he could have also added.

" and you love mura, no IPD adjustment and not having index speakers, and shirtty tracking and love trackpads instead of buttons"

2 Likes

Damn it… your making me want to do terrible things to my wallet.

I really shouldn’t order it. Its not logical…but I really want to try it.

I can always return it right? Maybe i should. but i shouldn’t though…

damn it! :crazy_face:

2 Likes