TUSA M-1001 Freedom HD review [Joke]

I got the TUSA M-1001 Freedom HD headset mostly for relaxing underwater experiences & some adventure. It’s $80, which pretty cheap compared to others.

The main aspect I was looking for was the FOV. It’s not 100%, but it’s really good. I can’t see the top of the screen, and that really adds to immersion. Feels almost like you’re there. Way easier to forget you’re wearing it than other’s with smaller FOV.

The lenses are a high quality tempered glass. There’s a slight blur / chromatic aberration around the edges, but it’s not very noticeable. Definitely has a big sweet-spot. I adjust mine so I can’t see the top of the screen. The binocular overlap is good. There seems to be a slight distortion as if everything looks magnified. This only seems to happen in underwater scenes though.

The headstrap is comfortable. Not as fast to take on or off as I’d like, and adjustments are important between users.

I got the black silicon face pad, which kept out all light and reflections from the background (and sun, since it’s outside ready).

First time I used it, the lenses fogged up a lot, due to the seal of the silicon. Apparently there’s some manufacturing byproduct on the lenses, once that was cleaned off, it paired well with a basic antifog treatment.

Overall I’d recommend it, as there aren’t many alternatives. You really get immersed with it!

13 Likes

Do you have a link for this headset please. :laughing:

1 Like

It’s a scuba diving mask!

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
good review

6 Likes

Nice wireless design and flawless outside-in tracking!
Might show a distinct dirty glass mura effect when being used at the beach though.

3 Likes

Battery life is really only a few minutes, but recharges are fast. Some people are experimenting with some high pressure battery cylinders allowing for getting really deep 2+ hour play sessions

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Eyeglasses review.

<3

But, could we do even better?

Actual Reality…its over rated, costs way to much and takes up a lot of time…Give me my Pimax, please!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.