THROUGH THE LENSES - HP Reverb G2 vs. Pimax 8KX!

One thing is not clear. The guy complains about “imperfections” which looked like some kind of stains on the inside, but did not say if they actually caused any problem optically. Then he complained about the text being blurry (or very small area in focus), which, I believe, cannot be caused by those imperfections but something else.

So while I believe both experiences are authentic, I am not convinced that his conclusion about the relation of the two is correct.

3 Likes

Gave you a like for the video comparison but must say you really need to lighten up on your delivery. Too stiff.

1 Like

Unfortunately the 8KX is in the box because i am waiting my 3090

and then i have to assemble a new PC because i have an old 3770k

1 Like

Mine seems fine. I did notice more glare than my Quest 1. I didnt think it was an issue but I now can’t stop thinking about it.

1 Like

I guess i wont be able to prove or disprove this untill I see it with my own eyes.

If ny g2 ever ships

I’ve been doing this for all his vids its like magic.

you what would be nice in PE if we could save color setting profiles and change them on the fly “in game”

But have you notices since his first video he’ a little less stiff than before.

My Quest 2 doesn’t seem to have those lense flaws after I shined my phone’s flashlight on them. Picture quality is very nice. G2 is still quite better. Will be making a review soon!

1 Like

Either that dude in the video i really unlucky or it’s just him.

My 8KX is inside the box, i am waiting 3090 to make the new pc

but i believe this is already possible in pitool because you could load the game with the color setting profile you like

3 Likes

@NextGenVR

What version of Steam did you use comparing G2 and 8K X: Beta or Standard ?

I used the beta version

Then @dmel642 try Pimax 8K X with standard version of steam

There is the possibility that standard version of steam will improve 8K X sde and definition

while G2 will stay the same

1 Like

update on this issue! it may be real

the original guy posted a follow up last week

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.