Third Party Pimax Accessories

I was wondering if pimax 8k/5k had any third party accessories such as

VrCover facepads or for example Id be interested in a gel skin like

which would combat the cracks users are reporting

2 Likes

Since many of the people reporting cracks claim to have babyed and pimax claims it to be related to the manufacturing process it wouldn’t help.

2 Likes

I did reach out to Hyperkin to see if the could support the pimax. At the very least I hope to make them aware that pimax exists

1 Like

Checkout free gift. They posted a 3d printable cover. Though I would prefer the circle openings for sensors. Swiss cheese is not so bad. :wink:

I’m very surprised there isn’t any Pimax accessories in the Aliexpress yet.

1 Like

Some brave man could try to make a case like this: https://www.instructables.com/id/Hot-Glue-Phone-Case/

1 Like

Awesome site for diy. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Maybe you should upload your poor man there :grinning:

1 Like

Why surprised? There is no business reason to produce accesories fo couple of thouthand devices.

2 Likes

I think it’s sarcasm from the ad they had for pimax headsets in volume. :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

what free gift? you could cut the holes yourself

Search for it. 3dprintable case.

To be honest @Heliosurge the “free gift” case model is not really printable at home. I’d say it’s useless.

1 Like

found the link

although the cost of buying flexible PLA you may as well get it professionaly printed

2 Likes

Vroptician is working on prescription lenses and will be ready “not before 4 weeks” he confirmed.
His work is just precise and my presc lenses with blue filter can be swapped between Vive OG and pro which is why am happy with release for the demanding task of the pimax lenses.

2 Likes

I didn’t design it lol. I could likely print it but best if you had a dual print head or resin printer.

What’s really printable at home though? Very few have printers at home anyway. And 99.9% of those who do only have crappy toy printers. There are plenty of shops that print quality stuff, so that’s where I’m going. If there are none in your town you can just order the printing online and have it delivered.

Thx for the reminder… gonna try to get it done next week!

2 Likes