There is one setting i wanna see in pitool which every good monitor already has

Awesome news everyone. Someone answered our prayers. Early alpha Reshade support for DX11 VR games in Steam!

8 Likes

Good find. It’s too bad Reshade doesn’t have a FFR shader, because I think this would probably be the most beneficial.

After building reshade from latest source, many more VR titles have become reshadeable.

Although, some titles lost support. (Assetto Corsa, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim VR)

Best to keep multiple dxgi versions for specific titles.

My Excel to Images…

Titles tested:

SteamVR:

OST3 OSTA0

SteamVR + Revive + Oculus:

OSTA1

6 Likes

Great work man, thanks for compiling this list.

Amazing, could you make that sheet of working games on a google sheet even if it is readonly.

is ACC working whit this?

DiRT Rally 2.0 looks great with this. I can lower SS, add MSAA, and sharpen it a bit. The default color saturation was a bit much, went back to 1 for that. When toggling back and forth it’s like putting on a new pair of glasses with a new prescription …basically like an HMD upgrade.

Also, on the Index I tested the GTA R.E.A.L mod and that works with it too. It’s too stuttery on Pimax with/without the reshade mod.

2 Likes

I wonder now that this exists if PE can maybe integrate it.

All it would have to do is copy the dxgi.dll into the folder for us.

1 Like

Reshade + SteamVR Games:

Reshade + SteamVR Apps:

Reshade + Oculus Games + Revive:

Reshade + Oculus Apps + Revive:

5 Likes

looks like you posted double links. but thanks for this.

Is ACC workking whit this reshade?

1 Like

Can someone ELI5 how to set this up please?

Download the .zip from here: Release OpenVR support with basic VR preset · fholger/reshade · GitHub

The rest is in the readme…but throw the files into the directory that contains the .exe of your game. Needs to be done for each game. You do not need to put reshade_64, reshade_86 folders or the readme in, just the other files. Press HOME on the keyboard to change settings, END to turn it on/off.

2 Likes

Just been reading over the developer notes and it’s heartening that this has been taken up by crosire alongside fholger, and is being actively developed.

1 Like

this is great. I thought this was just going to be an unofficial fork.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to make the games with version pull/202 to work? I cant find a download anywhere on that link.

Currently, it must be compiled from Source:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dPMtE-HzdCWZ1XUr8e0i32EeI8BhLOFW?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Sheets updated with General Installation Path(s) ^

WOW, just WOW. You can add Derail Valley to the list of working titles. This is a must have, 8KX never looked so good, colors and clarity is phenomenal!!!

Phasmophobia, Onward also work :+1:

Karnage Chronicles, Propagation VR do not work :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Works with openvr_alpha2/ReshadeVR_sharpen_color.zip

Also, worth manually adding extra Shaders/Textures to the “reshade-shaders” Folder from previous Reshade builds for more options.

Must experiment, some work and some do not.