The New Pimax Vision 8K Plus - It's Good and it Hurt. (Tyriel Wood)

11 Likes

So this is not the final version. What test version is it? This one only goes to 75hz.

Agree on price. I think the price will drop once all the backer stuff is done.

3 Likes

I don’t know, but he writes that he just received.
And he really liked it, apparently :beers:

5 Likes

I really like that he liked the contrast and colours so much plus the almost invisible screen door. Thank you for sharing. :grinning::+1:

5 Likes

“Visual clarity is much…much…MUUUCH better”

Ok he said much 3 times and a slight pause and smirk before the 3rd, this gives me confidence that its going to be good the 8k+ and even better 8kx.

3 Likes

Hopefully if they send one to Linus from Linus Tech Tips (which they definitely should, his bad preview is the #1 video response to “Pimax” and he said at CES he wants to give them another chance) it’s a final unit with the full refresh rate and comfort kit and all.

1 Like

Linus will smash it, he is more into high refresh rate than high resolution…

1 Like

He tried Pimax at CES and he really liked it because of the large FOV. He said they had fixed all the issues he had had in his original video and wanted a unit he could review in full (which is why he really needs to be sent an up-to-date Pimax to test - in fact, I would bet he’d instantly make a video of the 8KX overclocking some poor PC to get full framerate out of some intensive game).

2 Likes

You know how picky he is… You can not compare impressions from CES with a real review…
His favorite is now the Index and that is for a reason…

3 Likes

I dont know why pimax sends out headsets to youtubers to review that are not the final versions. This is bad publicity! He didnt have all the information right and of course he will say its way over priced when its not the final version.
Though he did love the screens! I can only imagine what the 8kx looks like!

3 Likes

True, but his preview video with the Pimax was really bad, and they really did fix his complaints.

Yes but with Linus… I am not sure what you think but I only would send him a unit that fits his needs… I am sure he would like the 5K+ with 120Hz more just because it can do 120Hz…

2 Likes

The ultimate question is will he now use it as his daily driver? As far as I know Tyriel never uses the 5k+. Will he now start using thos over his Index?

2 Likes

Can someone go to VR Days in 5 days. I want to see the 8KX impressions.

4 Likes

WOW, if he thinks the 8K+ looks that amazing, what does the 8KX look like!?!

4 Likes