Thank God Pimax Day is over

I suppose if there is nothing but bad news a Pimax day will be moot.

Either ways I hate the delay on the 8KX. But Pimax, please use the extra time to do some proper QA and QC. For the sake of your customers, Your reputation and your future sales.

7 Likes

Last time they did a QA they told us all these things that never happened. Like the prescription lenses for example. At this point anything they say is a grain of salt.

Yep… better to delay a bit longer and get it right before sending headsets out to backers and new customers who are just coming into the Pimax ecosystem! I hope that they use this extra time to do more QA as well, because if they get it right the 8KX will for sure be the most amazing consumer grade VR headset out there for the enthusiast market! []-)

2 Likes

I mean honestly. I take with salt, vinegar and a ton of beer

4 Likes

I hope you don’t add drugs in there once they announce another 8kx delay

1 Like

We will strive to improve quality inspection and enhance quality control.

8 Likes

No more carved in stone dates+deadlines.

Example:

1. “We’ll start shipping the item X in the end of the month Y” :x:

2. “We’ll think the shipping of the item X might start in the end of the month Y, but we’ll let you know well in advance if theres going to be any delays” :white_check_mark:

You can choose the option 1. but the backers are going to be mad when there’s a delay.

I see there’s already some improvement happening, good work Pimax. :+1:t2:

13 Likes

Was there any sort of official announcement about delays? Not seen anything apart from two posts from @Heliosurge

2 Likes

Pretty sure those are official announcements… :nerd_face:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/december-2019-updates/24154

2 Likes

Those are official posts from the team. :sunglasses::beers::+1::sparkles:

5 Likes

@Heliosurge is the TEAM Now. Muhahahah

On a serious note, I’m glad they stopped doing their usual stuff.

3 Likes

Some weeks ago did we get so we can download the 3d file to creat lensadapters.

Sorry it’s not that you are not official of course! :grin:

Was just checking there was no Pimax Day 3 or other information source I missed that you have summarised wonderfully :+1:

1 Like

It’s a team effort working on improvements like streamlining communication efficiency.

6 Likes

Seems like a good plan to me. Just seen yesterday’s Flash update, reading now

3 Likes

Under topic controls switch it to Watching.

2 Likes

Ah I didn’t know to do that, thanks! I thought I had pinned it for myself but that didn’t work

4 Likes

Yeah definitely need some helpful guides on forum use to make navigating easier. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

The file they provided weren’t adapters. I spent hours finding a company that would make lenses for it only to find out they’re not adapters.

1 Like

drake

2 Likes