Tech Talk #23 : RTX 4090

I’ ve recorded a through the lense Video for you guys :

Here is how you can recreate the issue:

1 Like

@Heliosurge It might be a good idea to make a mega thread for launch 4090 problems with Pimax headsets. Right now, posts about such issues are getting scattered onto other threads where they are not really on topic. This both tends to zonk the topics of those threads and makes important information about launch 4090 issues harder to find because its hidden in not quite relevant threads.

4 Likes

Damn that makes me think it’s a general steamvr/nvidia issue when resolution is too high on 4090. Surely it will then affect other headsets too on such resolution ( and thus not looking good for xtal neither)

2 Likes

This looks like what happens if you turn HAGS on.

It has nothing to do with HAGS.

Something is different about how Ada handles vsync in certain scenarios.

1 Like

Good idea. Can you make the New Topic?

Done. Launch 4090 problems with Pimax 8KX

1 Like

What is hags?

1 Like

Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.

Can lead to better performance, can also royally screw said performance. Ymmv.

3 Likes

HAGS was originally intended to support older GPUs. From the RTX generation it is counterproductive.
I don’t understand at all the automatic activation after some windows updates. But ok, MS considers the majority of its users to be in need of help anyway. :joy:

1 Like

Really looking forward to Nvidia supporting dlss3 in VR.

i have a feeling this wont be happening,but i hope i am wrong!

4 Likes

See above :point_up_2:

1 Like

The 4090 really wakes up the 8kx. I honestly feel like we don’t need a new headset at this point. Ino the x is better overall than the aero and now that we can max graphics fov AND Frames I’m good to go. They should just update the x with OLED and call it a day instead of these new headsets that we might be back tonight being able to run and won’t watch anytime soon.

3 Likes

Nah, they need to update the IPD (hardware, not software) of the 8KX…8KX is render useless somewhat because of it. Yes I, like many others have to put up with it…and I STILL put up with it (not even sure if I calibrated correctly after so many tries…yes even TODAY). Sometimes, you feel like your eyes are crossed seeing through the lenses and not natural that’s because you can’t lower the IPD enough. So, a NEW headset is sorely needed, especially one that come with automatic IPD adjustment. Slapping an OLED lenses onto 8KX ain’t going to do me any good if they don’t update the IPD hardware adjustment.

3 Likes

This is indeed still a big issue…

2 Likes

This is indeed one of the 2-3 reasons I have not been using my 8KX for about a year now - it’s just less straining to my eyes to use the G2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.