Tax Alert and black screen inside HMD!

Hello Pimax

Please fix my HMD and stupid tax alert. I do not own you anything. Payed taxes 3 months ago. After installing PT 270 I have a constant black screen inside HMD @75 hz mode. Anyone know how to fix this. DO I need support assistance?

Edit: created ticket #14750

3 Likes

You can downgrade PiTool temporarily.

According to @PimaxUSA the functionality has been removed in an upcoming release.

They should also be able to remove Your S/N from whatever “missing tax black list” it must be on.

There’s a lengthy thread about the issue here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-incorrectly-identified-me-as-a-person-who-owes-unpaid-taxes-how-do-i-resolve-this/35204

3 Likes

I have invited 2 pimax members (Quorra & Claire)

Have you submitted a ticket? If so post number.

As Drwilken mentions simply install 268 as it is a very easy work around making the whole idea of this useless as many seem to have a favourite older version. Firmware is not affected with using an earlier version(at least within some kind of window)

1 Like

yes ticket nr is #14750 @hammerhead_gal please help with ticket

2 Likes

Hello,

@Claire will be providing assistance on this. She is going to speak with the support and remove the tax alert message and about the constant black screen.

Before any solution, we suggest you to downgrade the Pitool version to prevent any poor experience.

Sincerely.

1 Like

Hello,

We have removed the tax alert message. May I ask if you could use the headset normally? If you have any problem, please let us know. Thank you.

Best Regards

1 Like

Wouldn’t You have to release a new version of PiTool to remove it?

Not if there is in fact a specific per HMD backdoor.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Pitool should not be needed. The specific operation process is need solved by our colleagues. And then this kindly prompt message has been removed. When we re-start headset, we can use it normally.

Best Regards

1 Like

Ahh, I get it now :slight_smile:

They probably mean they’ll empty whatever S/N blacklist they have, but the actual functionality which check the blacklist isn’t removed before a new PiTool version comes out… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification, @Claire.

2 Likes

You are welcome. It’s my honor to explain it for you. :grin:

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem, i have had the Pimax 8K x for 4 days (used helmet), under Pitool 272, i had this popup, i contacted pimax suppot and i must to paid a tax to use my Pimax, i think taxes have not been paid by the previous owner. The HMD is no longer usable since today…

I can’t to pay more, what can i do?

@PimaxQuorra

What pitool and firmware version you are running ? They promised us to remove that “functionality”

1 Like

Hello Ben,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you kindly provide me the ticket number? I’ll check at your situation.

Regards.

Hello,

the ticket number : #19650

Pitool version : 272
Firware : the last for Pimax 8k x

I’m the new owner of this HMD (since 4-5 days), i think the previous owner don’t refund pimax the Fedex tax…

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello, with pitool 268, it’s work,

But with PITOOL 272, and the famous tax popup:

The diagnose:

What can i do for that, i ever switch hdmi/cable port, restart service, restart hmd, uninstall/install Pitool, restart win 10, close service, uninstall /install radeon driver…

1 Like

Stick with 268 or maybe 271 until pimax fixes this.