Taste may be coming to VR (eventually)

It looks like smell is not the only sense that scientists are trying to synthesize. I wonder if Pimax will ever offer a Taste module?

4 Likes

This is some very interesting technology but it also seems kind of gross to be putting your tongue repeatedly on something that could have lots of germs on it. It would have to be cleaned/sanitized regularily.

3 Likes

If it were adapted for regular use, it would need to be much thinner. Perhaps some sort of disposable (1-time use) pad could be developed. I doubt something like this would be something we would regularly use in our homes, but I could see it as a gimmick used in VR amusement parks or maybe as a peripheral for some sort of cooking VR game.

[update]
I moved the following post to this thread, to reduce forum clutter.

2 Likes

I bet they could do this with your smell receptors. This is how simulating smell should be done. Not weird cartridges with vapor lol.

2 Likes

How closely did you read the article? They are using a “weird cartridge” filled with agar gels.

Yes, there are only 5 flavors which blend, but personally, I don’t want gels squirted into my nose! :laughing:

1 Like

Or out of
Wait what?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.