Taking A Look At Boiling Steel In The Pimax 5K+

Today I’m taking a look at Boiling Steel in my Pimax 5K+. This game is the next release from Mirowin, the developers who brought us the wild west shooter Gun’s n Stories: Bulletproof. Boiling Steel launched into early access for Steam on 12/5 and overall I have to say I am liking what I see in this game.

The graphics and sound are good and the voice acting so far is OK but not great. There is a backstory that is building so I like the fact that there is a sort of narrative component to the game. I do have to mention though that the controls leave a lot to be desired when playing with the Vive wands! There is also a strange mechanic with the combat and tool/gun selection that I very much wish that Mirowin would change in the fact that instead of reloading your weapon the player is forced to drop the gun after only a few shots and then re-spawn another one from the inventory. This constant interaction made combat feel extremely clunky and a lot more difficult than it should be.

The game is fresh into early access and already features quite a bit of gameplay for just the first half so I feel if Mirowin tightens up the controls and inventory systems that Boiling Steel will turn out to be a fun and challenging FPS adventure.

If you like what you see here and want to play this one for yourself then be sure to grab a copy from the link below: Steam - Boiling Steel on Steam

If you are looking to make the jump to the world of Wide FOV and higher resolution VR you can purchase one of the Pimax headsets here: http://store.pimaxvr.com/shop?aff_key=Y4YZUCN7

Also don’t forget to use code DECEMBERHMD for a 10% discount on your headset purchase and code HAPPYHOLIDAYS to receive $80 off of accessories when purchased on the same order! (Eligible accessories include VR comfort kit, silicon protective sleeve, 2-in-1 cable and facial foam ) These codes will expire at the end of December so don’t delay! []-)

7 Likes