Sword Sense Cancelled?! WTF!

Exactly. So many people including myself find the Index controllers only passable because “they are better than vive wands”

and we dont have an alternative. The Sword controllers looked like it was finally going to give the world an controller that was as comfortabke as the touch but for SteamVR.

I think Pimax is making a huge mistake not releasing the sword with at least oculus touch joystick and buttons.

I know for sure there are even non Pimax owners who own Index controllers who would likely have bought them…and who knows maybe after using them the go all in and buy a Pimax HMD.

Im still waiting for a real reason why this controller was cancelled. For years I’ve been saying they should have just cancelled the nonsense version and put all of their efforts into the sense

This cancellation just doesn’t make sense. (Pun Intended)

3 Likes

If you can’t do full sense. At least give basic sense function for additional buttons.

Quite simply it is unbelievable you won’t even take time to improve the controller for extra buttons and a stick version after wasting everyone’s time

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR @hammerhead_gal

I just can’t wait to hear the “quality” dmas, if it doesn’t meet expectations hope a full refund is offered. As that might be 3 products released in poor states.

• First no usb3 in KS model headsets as advertised. No modules for ppl to learn this til warranty period finished
  • Second ET a complete waste of money for something that was supposed to be free. Instead charged for a broken module and gimped out in the lens inserts.
  • Third just out gimping in the controller which had said finger tracking was on in version @swereciver received months ago. Yet you yank team members off project with it being less than half complete.

Has @arminelec bailed? Hasn’t been on forum since just after Apr Pimax Experience release. So is it another dead project?

Wireless module seems to have completely vaporized.

Please release an update that actually clears the air. No more empty gestures to distract ppl from answering questions on your broken commitments.

18 Likes

Not saying it was right to not deliver what was planned, but after using index controller, I have to say the finger tracking was pretty niche, and somewhat inaccurate. Not a feature I would be unable to live without.

Again, not a reason for keeping ppl invested and waiting for so long though.

1 Like

I would have been happy just to have a basic input in terms of finger on sensor or off.

The bad og picture(maybe concept) of sword had an extra button that was ommited in later testers model. They should at least make the stick version even if without sense.

Then team up and license tg0 finger tracking once it proves viable.

The worst is what there doing to folks like Kevin, quorra and the cs team leaving them to be in the spotlight of disappointed and potentially angry customers whom have followed the carrot on a stick for too long.

3 Likes

I got tracking number so once I receive it (might be a while since im in nz) I can share my experience with it.

5 Likes

Awww~ thats a bummer. I was kinda looking forward for a cap sense version of these controllers, as well for the sword sense. When ever they arrive or tend to be in the making.

But it seems like I have no choice but to stick with the Valve index as my main controller options now.

Luckyyyy… i havent yet. Hopefully soon, i’ll get a message as well for mine. Since i did order my 8K X with the DMAS last year.

What a dissapointment,

They really found the VR community need - oculus cv1 / or at least Quest1 controller layout (thumbstick, ABXY buttons and grip/trigger ones) for SteamVR.
It would be really a hit product and contributed to company popularity & brand awareness. Instead they dropped BY buttons, sticks and say finger tracking is the reason. FT is nice but nichest feature community could leave without, but sticks and standard layout buttons is very big bummer and will fail the whole project. Trackpads lovers are a really small % of VR users, ppl just wont like these controllers.

sense buttons for ABXY/grip/trigger for on/off states is a really straight forward implementation, it would be enough for high quality product - what to say - completely dissapointed, so much wasted potential. But that’s Pimax after all, no surprised though, but I was close to believe in success of this project.

p.s. it could be first Pimax project which wouldnt be a nich for VR community. Without fear of optic issues and so on, it could just be one of the most popular controllers for next years. Ill wait Sony, pity that its not steam vr though.

2 Likes

Like i’ve always said. Pimax focusing on projects that they never promised in the original kickstarter is the reason i’ll never buy from Pimax ever again. Thus far, kickstarter has been a massive bait and switch.

6 Likes

Kickstarter was 4 years ago, I’m happy to own very different and better products than those presented. Kickstarter was the opportunity to own the products at a significant discount

Most of my kit was not purchased from Pimax, so from a KS standpoint the hmd was a good investment. Much of my enjoyment has been because I was paying attention when it came to Pimax’s foray into “all things not headset”. I have enjoyed my Vive DAS, my Vive wands and later my Valve ICs and my Vive base stations not because i owned a Vive (I owned a Rift), but because it became clear early on Pimax couldn’t run a pissing contest in a brewery. It was so obvious that I even bought a used Vive system, just for the bases and wands,even before my 5k+ shipped.
Had I been waiting on their controllers and base stations, I’d have shot myself years ago.

5 Likes

It’s a bait and switch because the kickstarter campaign promised things that never came true… they broke their promise by saying they couldn’t achieve 8K, offered people downgrades with $100 store coupons that’s worthless and can only be used for things Pimax made… which is currently jack outside of headsets. Then later comes up with a series of “new” product which is what the kickstarter originally promised. And now they pull the same crap with sword sense. But guess what, wouldn’t you like to see a “new” product a few years down the line that’s… what their kickstarter promised.

My Pimax 5K+ have been collecting dust because I’ve been waiting on their controllers (no I’m not interested in Sim games). I ended up buying a Quest 2 to actually play VR games, I know this is going to be controversial but the Quest 2 blows Pimax out of the water. Wireless with Quest 2 is just phenomenal, no finnicky software setup like Pimax. FOV is useless if I can’t play anything with it. And we all know where Pimax’s wireless module is heading next… straight to the toilet.

4 years is a long time for that discounted price to be held up… time is also a cost. And EVERY step of the way, Pimax tried to get you to swap out the backer rewards for “upgrades” that require paying more money to them. Not all of us are willing to spend money to have a wall of VR headsets just to have those “very different” products. I’m less concerned about how much I paid for it, but more concerned about how kickstarter being cheap was just a way to get you hooked into their ecosystem… ecosystem of broken promises.

4 Likes

The 8k was established before Kickstarter it would not be native. So that was not broken. They offered a $100 switch for ppl that wanted to go with 5k+ due to early reviews.

1 Like

No regrets on the 5K+ downgrade. I joined the KS satisfied if i could play DCS, ED and Dirt Rally and DCS was in question in the beginning. Now I run everything (about 50 titles installed) and at 144 Hz.
Pimax headsets themselves are a winner. It is the rest of it that is …oh i see they don’t have that emoji :grinning:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

6 Likes

I sent a message to @PimaxQuorra and was sent the tracking number shortly via message

2 Likes

Ah there it is :smiley:

2 Likes

According to article from VRFocus… Pimax told them
that development for swordsense isn’t being dropped. So I was right… we’re going to get a half assed product because they can’t give two craps about kickstarter and later when swordsense does come out, there will be a bunch of “upgrades”. Same old junk.

Pimax needs to be clear on its statements and what is really going on. Feels like the head doesn’t know what the body is doing with the miscommunication going on here from the DMAS and sales on that “jumping the gun for release” to things like this.

Are they actually cancelled or just delayed? Or what?

The Sense version isn’t going to be released. I wouldn’t be surprised if the subject is revisited at some point though. The update portion of the VRFocus article isn’t correct. IMHO I think it’s something we should indeed complete when the opportunity to pursue it occurs again.