Switching to 5k+, $100 Coupon Clarification?

So the FAQ mentions:
We will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+.

You can use the coupon in whatever Pimax produced: 1. Accessories: headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame; 2. Modules produced by Pimax. e.g. Hand motion etc. 3. Pimax controllers; 4. When X becomes available, we’ll provide more benefits for both the 5K+ and 8K backers.

But I asked this same question in the work.pimax site and was told “$100 coupon is not available to purchase base station and controllers.And you can choose other product.”

So, can someone confirm that I will be able to use the $100 coupon for base station and controllers"? Seems fairly odd that the coupon is essentially $100 cash since we selected the 5k+ instead of the 8k that was ordered, so I dont understand why there would be any limitations on what we can use it towards?

Thanks

For the Pre order on controllers & light houses no as final price not yet final.

Standby will look for post.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/respectfully-i-want-to-protest-about-these-base-stations/10307/78?u=heliosurge

@anon74848233

1 Like

Ah thanks, I didnt see that message in the forum… I tried to change my package some time after the offiicial Kickstarte finishing to add the base and controllers, but was told I could back then - So it looks like I may end up paying a lot more for the add-on when the final pricing comes out?

(I have my Vive and the original plan to use the controllers and lighthouses from that, but I want to give the Vive to my brother once my PiMax comes in and I can get controllers)

1 Like

Well the good side Wirh an extra set of Vive v1.0 LHes you would still be good for v1.0 or v2.0 tracking devices.

V2.0 LHes are not backwards compatible but offer easier setting up for on the go. & of course more than 4 LHes.

The good side of having a set of v1.0 LHes would be 2 have 2 play areas setup. Seated & standing\roomscale.

True … Only issue is if I keep the Base Stations the Vive is worth less, or my brother will need to buy some base stations. Still, no big downsides overall - but I do want diffferent controllers, the more I use the Vive Controllers for non-shooting games, the more I get annoyed :slight_smile:

1 Like