Surface coating of 8KX is getting sticky

It’s been nearly 2 years since I got my precious 8kx, now I am feeling that surface of the whole Pimax body is getting sticky.

I have been storing my 8KX in very good condition w/o UV exposure, humidity, Hot, Cold… Only used it once in 1~2 weeks with extremely good care but it started from one month ago.

So I am woindering if this could be a case for the all PImax Vision series destined to be or just my bad luck.

I have also question that upcoming 12K also will have similar urethane coating ( or whatever) on the body just like Pimax 8kx?

2 years back, I bought a Silicon sleeve, do not have this problem with coating yet.
There is always something in the air, reacting with the coating. it just depends how much and how quickly it reacts. In the end, we all will have this problem…
The knuckles, e.g. do not have such coating.

Be careful how you handle it. That sticky stuff is likely the binding agent or a softener used in manufacturing the plastic. These agents are often toxic and carcinogenic, so you wouldn’t want to be spreading it around, or accidentally ingesting/getting it into your body (e.g. via mouth, nose, eyes, open cuts, etc.).

"bisphenol A" That is the active ingredient known to be responsible for lowering males sperm count

1 Like

thats fine with me, i dont want more children that keep me from playing vr :laughing:just kidding.
Just be careful with cancer risks.
Afaik there are people with older devices that had cracks in the housing, but that felt different, haptic.(i mean the plastic)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.