Support for several room setup profiles

It would be cool to be able to store different room setups and switch between them depending on situation. E.g. there could be a seated setup, a small room scale setup for sports games and a big room scale setup than requires moving around some stuff but gives space for walking around more. Etc.
Currently one has to recalibrate the room setup each time the situation changes. Which works but is a little tedious.

4 Likes

This could likely be accomplished with a script. There was a great discussion on bat/script writing awhile back to automate some things was it in pitool to kill & reactivate processes.

So if you know where the roomsetup is stored you might be able to zip up a copy of each setup and restore the room profile you need for a game. This may require restarting steamvr and possibly pi server.

@mojojojo has some excellent script building skills.

2 Likes

I’d guess replacing the room setup files with a previously made backup and restarting PiService should be enough but it would be preferable for Pimax to offer a proper solution.

Unfortunately I don’t know enough about the configuration and how the settings interact with SteamVR. Also not having light houses and PiTool installed could be an obstacle :wink:.

Maybe this is the correct location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse

In case it’s all configured via SteamVR try exchanging
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\chaperone_info.vrchap

3 Likes

I just set it up using chaperone profiles in Advanced Settings:

I have a seated (one basestation) and a room scale setup (two basestations).

Works perfectly… :+1:

You only need to run the PiTool setup one and then do the rest in SteamVR (set everything up, then save a profile, setup the next room, create a new profile for that).

4 Likes

Sounds good! Would need (at least) one additional basestation then though…
Is it important that the room scale basestation is out of sight for the seated experience and vice versa?
And: Can I use V1 basestations or is this only possible with V2 ones? And: If I already have V1 basestations for roomscale, can the seated one then be a V2?

2 Likes

Not as far as I know. It’s just profiles so I’m pretty sure You can do it however You like… :upside_down_face:

Give it a go… :+1:

It essentially just saves whatever settings You currently have and let’s You switch between the saved profiles so I would think yes, but I don’t know for sure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.