Stripped screw SMAS (Resolved)

Hi,

The left SMAS my 8kx came with had an overtightened screw which lead to the screw getting badly stripped beyond repair as I was attempting to remove it to replace it with the DMAS.

I was about to open a ticket but couldn’t be stuffed waiting for longer to get a replacement headstrap so I attempted to resolve the issue myself.

The approach I found to be the most effective was to use a center punch angled on the rim of the screw to loosen it.
Once it dug in after a few taps I was able to unwind the screw.

You might end up injuring yourself if your hand slips or damaging the product so I do not recommend doing this unless you are willing to take the risk.

4 Likes

I stripped a screw removing the old speaker to installthe DMAS- my fault entirely-but it succumbed to my dremel. I just cut a slot in the screw( carefully!) and turned it out with a small flathead. I’m thinking of getting a small screw extraction kit. I’m not getting less clumsy as I creak into retirement!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.