Stretch Goal Met

I think it just means it has the technology built in to use lighthouse (laser) tracking systems, such as the Vive or the one bundled in with a complete package, Not that it comes with a tracking solution built into the headset that will work by itself, out of the box. I believe the inside out tracking is implied as a future module

1 Like

Jim you need Either the new pimax base stations(the square things) OR you need the ones that come with the HTC Vive

The headset comes with the sensors inbuilt to work with those base stations

1 Like

then what is the stick with a camera or sensor thing pictured on their website for?
In this Picture.

Yes, a type of tracking that requires an additional/external sensor. Similar to the Oculus, but still that sensor doesnā€™t come with the package. The ability to use those tracking solutions pictured comes built in - and its laser based technology - but you still need those external devices. The hand on the right is an example, hand tracking 100% requires the custom LEAP motion sensor module on top of the standard package

Again, I believe the inside out tracking is a module to be added later

I dont have the money to back it. I was ready to back it until the FAQ came to light, about no native 4k support (again lol )

It should be a great headset though. My most used program is bigscreen, so im sure I will pick one up.

Considering that Norm said ā€œi would like to see these specs in gen 2 or gen 3ā€ Iā€™d say it left a mostly positive impression.

If you dont end up liking it, hit me up lol

I bought the early bird 8k X package with everything. Even though I have a vive I want the 2.0 lighthouse sensors. So Is that stick thingy the inside out tracker?
@PIMAX-Support, @deletedpimaxrep1

No, the one on the desk doesnā€™t come with it. You get the two light houses and two controllers and the HMD

Yes its extremely confusing having that stick in the picture. I was told once its a stand for the headset

Regarding the inside out tracking, check this video at the 4/5 second mark, and the 12 second mark, pause and read the text:

They seem to refer to that sensor as ā€˜inside out trackingā€™

ok now Iā€™m clear. I am getting that. During the PiMax 4k shipping Mixup I was given a Credit which I used to get this module. I already have the Leap Motion on my Vive but it works nowhere as good as the video shows. I believe this one is the Version 3.0. At least I read that somewhere. This still does not explain what that stick thing is though. Guess thatā€™s still a mystery.

1 Like

Likewise, but I believe the new LEAP motion module for the 8k is physically configured to cover a much wider FOV (I remember reading 180Ā° but Iā€™m not 100% on that) , as it should, and I expect it to be pretty cool compared to the restrictions of the existing LEAP motion - which wasnā€™t developed specifically for VR

It may just be an optional lighthouse for strictly front facing use.

It could also just be obsolete and no longer needed.

Pimax should chime in soon to set us straight.

1 Like

Bet you 50 bucks its a stand for the headset

likely true. I seem to remember reading that one is included.

The stick is for those that want a single outside in tracking like Oculus instead of the Vive I guess. As far as inside out trackingā€¦you get that from Leap Motion which hopefully they give it to us if the stretch goal reach $2mil.

Dear, for retail price we are still in discussions, will release officially once got a conclusion

The 8k-X will feature native 4k/eye.

Free audio upgrade? Donā€™t mind if I do. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I know, in June. Lol I wish I had the money to be a backer, iā€™m nervice about what retail pricing will be.

Hopefully it wont break the bank. Thats probably the best thing about Pimax, (good price vis competitors.)

Its a ton of cash to just part with for a kickstarter.

I hear you there. Though you figure oculus could have met their original $300 promise & sold thr tracking system for $350. :smirk::joy: