Still no Oculus games will run

No Oculus games will start up from PE version 38 with Pitool 1.0.1.264

1 Like
  • Do you have Oculus Home runtime running in the background? (its required of course )
  • Is Oculus up to date?
  • what happens when you start Oculus game?
  • what games did you try?
2 Likes

None of the games I own on Oculus was running except Altspace and it set up the touch controller instead of the index ones. I will try again and make sure the Oculus runtime is in the background.

1 Like

Yep I highly suspect Oculus Home was not running.

Also, what happens when u launch the games? PE quits, and then…?

1 Like

Sometimes PE would quit but the game wouldn’t start and sometimes PE wouldn’t quit and the game just wouldn’t start. It’s 11 am here I’m going to spend the rest of the day try things out. Will try to give you a report on it today.

2 Likes

No the issue has been reported by a few here including myself.

3 of my Oculus titles Asgard’s Wrath, A-Tech Cybernetica, and In Death don’t work with PT 262. This has been reported by others here in the forum as well. In particular AW.
I read some have reported no fix in 263 (and I think 264).
The problem manifests with the headset not tracking but instead the image bounces all over constantly.

PT 261 runs these games fine.

2 Likes

Okay SweViver, yes oculus is up-to-date and you were right I had to start Oculus Home running myself. So today I was able to get Robo Recall, First Person Tennis , PokerStars VR, Eve Valkyrie and Power Solitaire running. First Person Tennis ran the best, my controllers were vibrating on games like Robo Recall and Solitaire, I had to fuss with them to get on the stop but once I got them stop the games ran pretty well.

2 Likes

Thanks @Cfen and @dogbite. Yep, Oculus Home runtime needs to run otherwise nothing will work in the Oculus category, not even Revive games afaik.

It seems indeed as latest PiTool versions screwed up some of the Oculus compatibility. Alex and the team are aware of this and working on it.

Ive seen the bouncing/floating image as well. Really an unpleasant experience :rofl:

2 Likes

We had flagged this to Alex and while confirming they would look into it had not received any indication the issue has been duplicated and is being worked on.
Thanks for confirming this.

2 Likes