SteamVR games troubleshooting FAQ requested (X Rebirth VR - Solved!)

Do we have SteamVR games troubleshooting FAQ some there?

I had OculusVR before plus some steam VR games. Now I am trying to run them all on standalone Pimax5K HMD (without controllers and base station). All oculus games running perfectly, but each SteamVR application has own bad surprise. There are two critical problem for me:

Pimax can’t connect to “X Rebirth VR” – game starting successfully in window (or full screen) mode, but steam VR stick to “waiting for the game” (that said popup banner in steam VR).

Elite Dangerous always start SteamVR with oculus home. Actualy works in SteamVR but has so high stereo separation that instead stereo I see two different pictures by left and right eyes

Would somebody help me ?

4 Likes

Turn on Parallel Projection in PiTool for the stereo issue.

4 Likes

Check or uncheck the comatible with parallel projection box in pitool and elite will be fine :wink:

4 Likes

Yess! Elite start to work with “parallel projection”! Thanks guys!

The “X Rebirth VR” left …

3 Likes

My pimax 8k has the same problem with X rebirth VR edition. Even with the latest pitool, graphic driver and Parallel projection enabled.

1 Like

Yes, I also can not run X Rebirth VR, I see only this :japanese_goblin: :

but the game safely works on the monitor, but not in the helmet.
Can anyone find a solution? :roll_eyes:
Or do I have to return the money from Steam.

@park, help start the game, maybe there are ideas?

Everything, I found a way. Just write in the launch properties:
-openvr_force_proximity” (without “”)
(It is described here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/570420/discussions/0/1471966894874925139/#c1471967615840265601)
Next, we need to enable “parallel projections” in PiTool and everything works fine on the Pimax 8K!

The “X Rebirth” looks amazing with Large FOV on the Pimax 8K, just great :sunglasses::+1:

(You can play both with the controllers and on the gamepad / HOTAS / keyboard + mouse)

5 Likes

Thanks a lot it finally works for me.

1 Like