SteamVR Beta 1.9.9

So, what do people think of the new SteamVR Beta and interface changes?

With Auto Render Resolution and it seems to work well with the 8K.

Talking of which, I have returned PiTool settings IPD and Vertical Offset back to 0 and things just look great.

Anyway - be interesting to see how people are getting along with the new SteamVR Beta.

5 Likes

Huh? So because of a SteamVR update You no longer need the vertical offset?

1 Like

Many changes in one week, I like the new interface, and I have better performance and compatibility with Pimax and Index;

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.9.9

SteamVR - Jeremy Bot

The SteamVR beta has been updated with the following changes.

If you encounter issues with this update, please post in the SteamVR Bug Report forum. If possible, please include a system report to aid in tracking down your issue. Replies to this post are not tracked for bug reporting purposes. Please use the forum linked above to report issues.

SteamVR

• Fix possible crash/corrupted icon when loading dashboard overlay images (including VIVEPORT)

SteamVR Desktop View

• Fix hang when querying overlay visibility.

Share:

10 DEC

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.9.8

SteamVR - freemancw

If you encounter issues with this update, please post in the SteamVR Bug Report forum. If possible, please include a system report to aid in tracking down your issue. Replies to this post are not tracked for bug reporting purposes. Please use the forum linked above to report issues.

SteamVR Settings

• Fixed regression in range of Index Column correction adjustment

• Added advanced setting to control desktop scale.

• Added advanced setting to control dashboard distance (experimental).

• Added ability to view and toggle which overlay apps automatically launch with SteamVR.

• Removed sidebar link to Audio page on Linux, since it was for Windows-only audio settings.

• Background list updates automatically when subscribing/unsubscribing from backgrounds in Steam client.

• Miscellaneous style tweaks.

SteamVR Input

• Fixed community bindings not appearing in the binding list.

• Requests from editors (Unity, UE) to pop up the binding interface to pop up the full interface and not the new settings panel. Note that the full binding interface is available as a button in the new settings controller tab when “advanced” controls are shown.

SteamVR Desktop View

• Fixed mouse cursor positioning for multi-monitor setups where a monitor is to the left of the primary monitor.

• Fixed hang when monitoring topology changes.

SteamVR Dashboard

• Fixed a blue blob appearing and breaking the keyboard when touching the thumbstick or trackpad.

• Fixed keyboard never sending the “done” event. This fixes name input in Skyrim and Fallout.

SteamVR Audio

• Fixed audio static when mirroring to an output with a different sample rate than the source.

Share:

7 DEC

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.9.7

SteamVR - Jeremy Bot

SteamVR Settings Beta

• Most settings have been ported to a new user interface

• Most settings now available on both the desktop, and in-headset.

The new SteamVR settings are still a work in progress.

SteamVR

• Improved audio mirroring latency and fixed some cases where the mirror could accumulate a large delay.

• Skip “Advanced Supersampling Filtering” for systems which use their own compositor (e.g. WMR, Oculus). This should fix blurriness reported by WMR users.

• Fixed some memory leaks when VR_Init is called repeatedly in long-running applications.

• All windows now group together under one icon in the Windows taskbar.

SteamVR Dashboard

• Added haptic bumps with moving on or off of buttons on the dashboard controls.

• Added support for haptic bumps when moving around on the keyboard.

• Minor appearance tweaks.

• Fixed a variety of crashes in vrdashboard.exe

SteamVR Desktop View

• Improved multi-monitor desktop support (Windows 10 only)

• Improved cursor rendering (Windows 10 only)

SteamVR Input

• For games using legacy input: When fetching default bindings, prefer partner site explicit defaults instead of generic legacy defaults

• When switching bindings, SteamVR now records the previously selected binding in a setting.

• Action Sets with a higher priority will now correctly override sets with a lower priority.

• Recent games list in top level controller configuration menu now shows most recent game instead of starting with second most recent game.

Index HMD

• Max brightness extended to 140

• Framerate can be changed without restarting (requires NVIDIA driver version 441, or higher)
    Requires firmware update

Share:

5 DEC

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.9.6

SteamVR - aaron.leiby

SteamVR:

• Fix rare case where a helper process would crash on startup, making some UI unavailable.
2 Likes

@ManniX This one is for you I guess :wink:

1 Like

No, I decided to zero the adjustments with the thinking of seeing how things were with the more recent versions of PiTools.

It would appear that PiTool lens profile and setup is more optimised with recent releases over when I started using vertical offset. The image is better now for me without offsets.

SteamVR Beta is just some other optimisations that I noticed separate to PiTool and its settings.

1 Like

I’ll have to try too then… :+1::wink: