Starting to Regret my VR Ears kickstarter

is it just me or do these things get more unsightly every time we get an update.
Seriously , what is this ? wtf?

3 Likes

Hm, no drowhunter,

That was something I expected, as I saw the first sketches.
Looks good for me, as a strengthened hinge will give this device more resistance and durability. Yes, some non technichian will prefer a more streamlined design. But from my work, I prefer rugadised designs.

Well heads up, when you are wearing the headset, you won’t see it. Everything what I expect is a very good sound.

5 Likes

9 Likes

You will not be attenuated. Resistance is balanced.

5 Likes

If they sound really good all is forgiven, but they look massive… :slight_smile:

Backer too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha…thats pretty much what we will look like.

That borg even has the original promised Pimax Eyetracking.(1 eye)

that stupid loop across the front seems unnecessary. What it even for?

3 Likes

Connecting them I would think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

a simple thin wire like the EngineeredAF headphones would have sufficed.

Instead of that Locutus looking junk.

That looks absolutely hilarious!

1 Like

Actually, the the earphones look a lot like the Kickstarter photos. Look closely at those pics. Many are on a dark background, so the left/right cable isn’t obvious. In most of the other pics, that cable is simply tucked under the front-to-back head-strap, so that it’s more hidden (and still looks stupid).

2 Likes

I assume they are using this headset while developing their VR Ears… matches the look & feel perfectly, same cable management approach…

4 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder how i’m going to fit that on my Pimax

2 Likes

I’ve thought about that too.

Will probably end up using it on the Quest (2) or leaving it on the shelf next to the WalkOVR and KAT Loco S… :upside_down_face:

EDIT: And the Woojer Edge Strap too… :grin:

I actually like all of the devices but often don’t want to spend the extra time setting up/configuring for a quick gaming session.

EDIT2: To be fair the Loco S has gotten really easy to use (compared to the non-S and the WalkOVR) as it now supports a one click calibration and the Woojer isn’t that much hassle but doesn’t add a lot in my opinion so often I don’t bother using it (again, if I’m playing for a short while I don’t want to waste time on extra configuration/setting up)… :wink:

2 Likes

That’s true (for me) even for non-VR equipment. There are times when I’d rather play some other VR game, instead of setting up my HOTAS. There are even times when I feel like setting up VR is too much trouble and I play a flat-screen game instead.

3 Likes

Same here, I am often quite lazy. So switching between racing, flight (yoke) or space sim (HOTAS) is a psychological hurdle for me - although the effort actually isn’t big at all, just moving a few bits of hardware to one side of the room and the corresponding removed set back into the other corner; 3, perhaps 5 minutes.
Same with the bHaptics vest - need to continue to play HL:Alyx which I haven‘t even completed yet… and it‘s even really such a hustle, but still, a tiny bit of effort often leads to lazy choices for the alternatives which don‘t involve that extra effort.

3 Likes

Exactly… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes I have the strap and the Vest, but ulimately the strap is just not impressive. The vest I like. It sits on the back of my chair so that I get feedback even when not in use for VR.

1 Like

Me : Looks over at Returnal

I get what you mean. I moved houses in march and I literally just unpacked my lighthouses and 8kx yesterday … i’ve been using my quest 2 exclusively because how non hassle it is. Especially now with AirLink.

Cant wait for my Quest2 adapter for cybershoes to arrive.

2 Likes

Oh man , Good to hear i’m not the only one. lol.

For months I had my racing setup fully hooked up and ready to go on the other side of the room. And I can’t count the amount of times the following played out in my head.

1. I feel like driving in VR
  2. looks over at racing rig across the room
  3. Thinks about effort required to leave comfy PC chair and desk.
  4. Nah maybe tomorrow…:upside_down_face:

Edit: Im currently devising a way to have all things in one setup so I don’t have to move. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just watched MRTV’S review on it. Seems like they are using hip based locomotion. If you face a direction and push the joystick would it move you in the direction you are physically facing? Even if you dont step?

I imagine they aren’t disabling the joysticks.

1 Like