Standard vs. Deluxe Headphone Version - Details, Upgrade Plan?

The MAS headstrap is supposed to be modular and can be easily upgraded to the deluxe version.

1 Like

So just to be clear then: backers and early pre orders will be getting the standard audio strap, yes?
Do we know when this will ship?

Hi @Matthew.Xu
Thanks for the updated info/link, I just ordered my Pimax 8K X Deluxe Headphone Version.

2 Likes

I placed an order via the current owner upgrade plan from a 5K+ to a 8K+ and I choosed the standard headphone version.

which head strap will I get ?

As a sim racer I simply want the new design of their widened elastic headstrap as we can see onto the right picture below.

I think you will get the rigid headstrap with above-ear sound.
@PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

Hello NoFear99,

The strap will be elastic, the side will be rigid.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

@PimaxQuorra, I asked Support about upgrading my 8KX purchase to the Deluxe MAS, for $100. Last time I looked at the store, I couldn’t find an upgrade option. I read (somewhere in this forum) that I needed to contact support, which I did, but I didn’t get an answer when I replied to the email below (which was delivered to my spam folder - It would be nice if Pimax fixed that, so your emails get noticed).

I want to give Pimax more money. It shouldn’t be so hard to do that! :slightly_smiling_face:

jessica.zhou
Mon 2/24/2020 8:54 AM
Re: Upgrade to Deluxe MAS (#24159)

Dear,
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Have you upgraded successfully?
Best Regards!

Hello Neal_White_iii

Does the sender from Jessica? Or it was the auto-generated email by Odoo?
Sometimes it would appear this problems, as the recipient email might detect it as a spam email, and moved it to the spam folder. We met this problems couple times, and made our users couldn’t reply us and assumed we aren’t responsive enough towards their request.

You need to reply on the ticket, where you can find it at your account dashboard.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

OK, Thanks! I’ve done that. I just got an auto-reply, which now DOES make it clear I should click a link and not reply to the email. That’s an improvement.

2 Likes

Hello Neal_White_iii

No worries mate. You are always welcome.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

So onto the picture I posted above, it would be something similar to the one at the left ?

Is it possible to also have the cheaper one to the right onto the picture similar to the one that I have with my 5K+ but with the new design with the cloth strap wider then before ?

Because I do simracing and the modular audio strap design with the plasting ring make contact onto the seat before the head itself. It is uncomfortable for seated gaming but good for standup gaming.

Hello NoFear99,

Yes indeed, the strap will be similar to the left picture.
If you need, we will deliver along a headstrap that attached with 5K+ , but it isn’t new design that has wider strap.

We understood your situation, but currently we don’t have any new design for cloth strap alone, as in future, we are going to replace it with modular audio strap. We will remain the cloth strap for 5K+ and Artisan, but we will forward your message to our R&D department, so that they can understand the desire demand from you guys.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

This wider cloth head strap with the more rigid part at the back of the head does not exist ?

Hello NoFear99,

Yes, the wider cloth head strap does exist.
We are talking about the old 5K+ headstrap.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Hi PimaxQuorra,

Good to see you are still around - what happened to the update on the stretchgoals, and on the base station and Index controller deliveries ? It was announced to happen last week.

If ever I do not get that wider clothed strap with my order SO7298 and I get a circular rigid plastic audio strap with standard headphone, can I pay a little extra to get it ?

Edit: Emily Wang just came to write to me. She said they will ship my 8K+ with a cloth strap first and they will ship the mas at a later date.Sounds like :ok_hand:!