Stability of Fixed Foreated Rendering

@PimaxUSA, @Pimax-Support

When it works it is great but

I have been doing extensive testing with FFR in Il2, especially the new release which I was VR testing and FFR, although can be a great benefit - it just isn’t stable.

Do we know if there will be improvements with the next PiTool release?

At current it is approx 50% usable, half the time it crashes the program, the other half, it doesn’t.

4 Likes

@PimaxUSA will the next PiTool support FFR for No Man’s Sky ?

1 Like

和你一樣,但是我的崩潰是每次的(但是在狗鬥服內卻也是一半一半的機率)

It is most frustrating. It is no issue in Assetto Corsa (old version), I wonder how it is in DCS? In Il2 when it works it really helps and is a huge benefit.

Definitely the way forward with high quality VR especially at high render targets where the outer edges do not look like pixelated vomit.

I know there is also a problem with SteamVR Home and FFR especially at high render targets. I wonder if it is a SteamVR issue…:thinking:

I have submitted a driver support feedback form to Nvidia about Fixed Foreated Rendering.

I am now using driver 436.48 and I am getting the same issues as the previous 2 drivers. Il2 and also SteamVR Home have issues with FFR

I might also contact Valve about it as I am not sure if it is a SteamVR issue but SteamVR itself doesn’t seem to fall down, just those programs running through it.

1 Like