Spreadsheet_Update_18/01

last build log showed only 108 8k made then they have to be tested then sent to warehouse and from there shipped to there final destination ,so only 1100 more to go before chinese new year ,think i,ll preorder a 5k it will get here sooner this sucks

On behalf of it, it is still producing or preparing for production. Thank you,

1 Like

Wasn‘t meant to annoy those who are still waiting. Just didn‘t know where to mention it, the forum isn‘t necessarily the easiets place to navigate, just so many threads nowadays…

But it does seem as if Pimax production & shipping has gained some traction in the past weeks so it shouldn‘t take long for you anymore, fingers crossed !

2 Likes

i would not recommend to do a preorder :slight_smile: why not saving money for xtal? they are working on a consumer version

Really ? The XTal may be 12, 18 or 24 months away, the Pimax finally hits the shelves in say 2-3 months at latest. If you want to wait for the XTal, you will effectively be waiting for a range of headsets because by the time the XTal becomes available the landscape will have changed. So waiting for the XTal is pretty much the same like waiting for the Vive 2, Odyssey 2 or even Rift 2…

5 Likes

Thank you. As the spreadsheet is a forecast, now I can be shure which is planned for me after the survey.
nice, thank you to clarify this

regards

with what i know now from pimax i wouldn’t recommend to preorder personally, everyone can have their own opinion about it.

I backed a 8k and also chose to stay with the 8k in the survey. However the spreadsheet shows that I will get a 5k+. I already got my tracking number but the headset wasnt delivered yet.

Anyone else got the same problem?

I also made a support ticket SUPEN-1299, but no answer yet.

looks like another month then ?

I think it should not be that long.

4 Likes

I like the sounds of that but honestly i think pimax has just been playing whatever suits them and not clear with it ,so as much as i appreciated your reply i estimate at lest another month

Next week we will give you another update soon.

7 Likes

Thank you for the Spread sheet update Matthew. Your doing a good job withstanding the abuse.

2 Likes

Fine, so you don’t trust Pimax, I thought you were suggesting it to somebody who doesn’t share the same sentiment as a sensible option in general, hence my comment.

Yes i have lost it to be honest, and to give an honest recomendation is always personal. I would buy the O+ now and use it till the xtal arrives

Just to clarify the tab says “built” (past tense in English) not build and indicates finished. Backers from 90 to 7144 appear in this column. Hope you can see how your definition cannot possibly apply to all of them.
Not trying to break your butt. Just pointing out why so many get confused here when a blanket definition of a specific term gets applied.

The real questions would be, are you still producing KS units and if so how many are still not out of production?
Also then, does shipped (also past tense) means will be shipping, preparing to ship or as the word actually is defined has left for another destination and if so does this mean left the production facility for Shanghai, left SH for a warehouse or left a warehouse for the backer?
Hope you can see why you guys get flooded with concerns when you fail to use precise translations. More precise terms would certainly lessen the number of queries you get and your work load.

3 Likes

I see that the situation is FAR worse then it seemed by just reading the spreadsheet. Now we know the word built does NOT actually mean they are built, but that they still have to even build them… let alone deliver them…

1 Like

yes another decieving choice of words.
It has one advantage to be in the latest batch. They have learned from their mistakes in production and qualitycontrol

1 Like

My bet is due to their shipping method and trying to avoid taxes, they need to have some minimum number before they send out.

You need to click on the tabs at the bottom of the window. Yours is built.