Some questions regarding 5KXR: brightness settings, new housings

Hi @PimaxQuorra , would you be able to comment on this? Some users feel that the 5KXR needs higher brightness settings, would this be possible via a future firmware update? (https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-xr-brightness-improvements-possible-via-pitools-update/27201, Youtube reviews, etc). I was impressed by the XR when I owned one, but I very much would not like to return to the original housing, which began to show hairline cracks within a short period of time, unfortunately. The XR could really benefit from this, being the only HMD currently not to have it in the pipeline (5K+ gets it through 5K Super, 8K gets it through 8K+).

Additionally and most importantly (in regards to the new housing), @Djonko has reported receiving an Artisan unit direct from Pimax which utilizes the new ruggedized/Vision series type housing. Given this, I feel it warrants pursuing the question further: will all Pimax HMDs receive this? Will the XR get it? Thank you.

3 Likes

Yes, better housing would be awesome, my XR has a chip in corner already.

I would also like to know if there’s any chance of higher resolution OLED headset in the future? To my big surprise, I am really enjoying colors in XR, and I know for sure that lack of pure black and washed out colors will annoy me if I switch to another headset. Lack of black color was the very first thing I noticed going from CV1 to 5K+, and I do not want to experience that regression again. Been thinking about whether there will be XR line refresh?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.