Some days it's hard to be a Pimax Fan šŸ˜‘

Oh I didnā€™t say it was good as many folks like yourself here had a lot of issues with there product. Hell the launch was so bad as I recall they had shut down there forum for a time and were not answering emails.

You know it is bad when Noloā€™s founder is stumbling on her past statements. Imho Nolo is too expensive for what it is.

It was interesting to watch when iVRy dev went after them for using his code to fix there product without proper authorization with actual proof of it vs just an empty claim without substance.

However did see some have reasonable experience with it.

It would have been interesting to try the p1 Pimax Pro that had what looks to be a similar idea to psvr. That looked like it came from 3glasses Burbur s1.

3 Likes

I like the F-Reality podcast but you just kind of have to ignore Mikeā€™s attitude on Pimax. He had a bad experience with his unit and he has written Pimax off ever since then. It is understandable that if you have a bad experience with a product then you tend to write it off. Those who have a good experience with the same product just have to take anything said by those who didnā€™t with a huge grain of salt.

3 Likes

Indeed still havenā€™t revisited Samsung after the poorly designed Omnia Windows phone which the Stylus scratched the screen among other issues. The having a friend have a bad TV and seeing best buy leave a defective Samsung TV on display.

Even though I do know they generally have some good products.

:beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Itā€™s funny because if I have a bad experience with a product I usually let it go at some point and move onā€¦ :grin:

Heā€™s just saying what the masses want to hear really.

I stopped watching his stuff a long time ago.

Never really got started with the F-Reality show either as it seemed like it was for a younger crowd (like a lot younger)ā€¦ :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Yeah , but I had a problem with RiftS similar to Mike. But I at least acknowledge people who donā€™t have any issue.

Mike seems to want to bash them at every turn. Every time they even hear the word pimax they all collectively shake their heads and snicker like they know sh1t.

Ignorant f00ls.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: How old are you gramps?

Itā€™s hard though know how many people unwittingly believe his words.

And its hard to dispute since half of what he says is based on truth

Ah but kids are gullible at that age. :laughing:

2 Likes

His intro makes me think heā€™s trying to be a preacher of VR or something, lol. Welcome to the (cult) Oasis. Seems nice though and heā€™s trying to help spread VR to be mainstream. Talking up Pimax as mainstream is probably not the best idea, since Pimax is the opposite of mainstream. Iā€™d rather him say nothing than make it sound bad.

BTW playing the Pavlov update with WW2 guns in Bastgone forest made me appreciate my 8KX so much. I can see super clear as far as the map can go, and Iā€™m able to look around with my eyes to look for enemies, instead of breaking my neck turning so much. I feel like itā€™s the perfect demo map for the 8KX vs other headsets. The map is decently flat with tons of trees, so you have to keep an eye out for movement.

4 Likes

Youā€™re right Pimax needs no help there.

I will have to try it. thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Weā€™re lucky to have so many backers as weā€™re not perfect,
We will continue to work for the Building of VR World ļ¼ŒFor now, there is a long way to go

5 Likes

You guys came a long way. But to convince people I really think youā€™ll need to focus first on new lenses. Fix the eye strain that several people experience, and the distortion, and make sure you keep improving your quality management. Iā€™m sure Pimax could then become an important player that everybody will take seriously.

5 Likes

In other words make a headset Mike from VROasis can use , give him a free review sample and when he loves it , he will single-handedly reverse the public perception of Pimax by doing a complete 180 and telling everyone that itā€™s the best headset heā€™s ever tried and has become his daily driver.

I will have my camera ready as Iā€™m sure i will photograph some flying pigs on that day as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not sure what your point is. If you think that the 8k-X already is a perfect headset and that it should get love from everybody, then I have news for use, thatā€™s very far from the truth. You like it, I get it, but tons of others have issueā€™s with it and donā€™t take the headset in its current form, nor Pimax, seriously. And no one is to blame for that but Pimax.

But like said, if Pimax finally grows up, then Iā€™m sure they have a bright future. Start with lens design.

2 Likes

His point is with Mikeā€™s bias you need to spoon feed him a product designed specifically made to work for him. For him to be objective.

No headset is perfect for everyone and may never happen. At least while we need Optical lenses to look through. But who knows for sure. I can say if they can get AR reflection style working for wide FoV type idea we might have a winner. Or we might need something completely different.

Mike unfortunately is starting to look similar to Heaney save he only bashes a couple of brands that donā€™t work for him.

On the plus from what ppl say most of his viewers likely will only have there parents buy them Quests and PSVR. :beers::grin::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

3 Likes

Well luckily itā€™s not all about Mike. I donā€™t even know this guy but there are biased people for sure. But just saying, to get accepted by a wider audience, thereā€™s still a lot to improve.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly my point. No headset is perfect , itā€™s basically a coin flip if its acceptable to you or not depending on each personā€™s variable tolerances.

Mike happens to be on the extreme incompatibility side.

Believe me, if things were reversed and Mike happened to be on the ā€œIt works for me sideā€ things would be VERY different.

The problem is when someone who has an extremely bad impression of the device who also happens to have an audience of 100000 believing him.

If Mike had EricForPresidents experience with the G2, it would be cast aside and ridiculed as a high-res-cosmos.

1 Like

There is no perfect.

Only what works for you.

2 Likes

Iirc he was the Youtuber whom had a tour of pimax hq long ago. And had a promo pimax headset give away. When some folks were still waiting on backed 5k/8k headsets. One or both units had had an issue requiring an rma exchange.

Lol , i still remember TyrielWood somehow got a 5k+ while we were still waiting for ours.

And then his had stopped working after a couole of days and he had to publically RMA.

Pimax has the worst luck

1 Like