Some controller Compatibility issues with Index controller (Some Info)

Thought I had developed this problem yesterday after being problem free for months. Right controller kept freezing. Then realized, I hadn’t turned on the base station on my right rear side. I know this isn’t much help but would someone take the “stupid” sign off my back? :grinning:

4 Likes

“ok google, turn on right basestation” !

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I played through Boneworks fine as well, I don’t remember having this issue once playing it.

2 Likes

I also have this issue with a 204 headset that I bought in a 5k+ bundle last month, all is working fine except for this tracking issue on my left controller (Beat saber is unplayable).

So far I have solved it only by using a USB C cable connected to the headset, as you guys had suggested - the dongle is abit to pricey for my taste sending it to Europe, so rather play with the cable for now.

At the moment Alex is handling my ticket that I opened.

Let’s hope this can be solved!

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra since this issue has not been solved but its been proven that an additional USB dongle can fix it (doesn’t have to be official valve usb either) will Pimax include 2 usb dongles in future index controller sales to fix this issue?

1 Like

Ugh, hopefully not. Hopefully it’s a firmware addressable problem.

2 Likes

The problem has also been Identified on some Index and Vive headsets with Index Controllers. So as Valve is also investigating likely best to wait.

2 Likes

Glad to see this issues has been getting a lot of attention lately while I’ve been busy with college finals. It seems a lot of people are looking into the issue now which is good. Hopefully this is something that can be resolved without having to have everyone send in their headset for repair. (Although I wouldn’t complain as much about having to send my headset in for this issue as much now that the plastic shell of my headset has developed cracks in it while my headset has just been sitting there not being used while we have been trying to sort out this issue.)

1 Like

I hope they do honor that.

i already asked to RMA my headset in OCT and tried to see if it was cable issues.
Which the first issue was the cable. But then more issues did arise and More, So i had asked again to RMA it in jan, was ignored. Asked again last month, ignored and again last week same thing…

i have cracks starting to form, A dead pixel, been waiting for a replacement cable for 2 months(having cable issues with it since i got the last one, So it’s not keeping it’s power and the colors become iffy sometimes or it wont turn on properly unless i unplug and plug it back in).

Tracking started becoming wanky(moving me forward and back again) for the past 4 months out of nowhere, and of course the index issue since November(when i opened a ticket with both Pimax and Steam about that).

My Warranty suppose to end this month…Yet things keep getting push forwards with no progress. :frowning:

1 Like

@Bradliam1 I have bought that same USB adapter and I can confirm that your setup - where you connect one Index Controller to the headset and another to the USB C adapter of the headset - works perfectly.

I played a full Surv1v3 session and never lost tracking, not even once - this never happened to me before.

I have a question: that screw that you attached to the headset, was it part of the headset or not? I don’t have it on my Pimax:

I had the screw already, didn’t come with the headset, but looks like you’ve got a pretty big crack there.
Might want to contact support, they have been giving out the silicon covers/doing rma to people with cracks

2 Likes

My first unit started cracking at that exact spot and it started going up the front. I got it exchanged and the new one’s been fine, though I haven’t been playing as much VR lately

And not only that, it also has the flickering effect due to the poorly-shielded cable.

I think I will contact Support once the MAS is available, and I will have ship all at once - MAS, spare cable, sleeve. No point in having more than one shipment.

1 Like

@PimaxUSA and @Heliosurge , any updates with steam on this whole situation yet? Its been a while since we have heard any updates on it unless I missed something.

Pitool 259 has been released with a partial fix.

Is there more info on that somewhere?

I did update to that version today, but during my play session using it, it still dropped the left controller a lot. I also just got a new replacement left controller from Valve since my previous one had a drifting joystick so I can now 100% rule out that the issue has nothing to do with the index controllers.

3 Likes

if you replaced the index controller with another index controller you didnt rule anything out, you’d have to test against a vive wand or something

2 Likes

Yes, it rules out if it was a faulty index controller causing the problem or not. There are also people that use index controllers that don’t have this problem so its pretty safe to say that it is not the index controllers. We already determined long ago that this problem isn’t a thing for Vive wands.

2 Likes

I’m pretty certain it’s not the index controllers. I’ve tried 2 different sets of index controllers and had the same issue with the left controller with both sets. These same index controllers worked fine on my Vive.

It’s really frustrating because I love my 5k+ and want to use the Index controllers… that’s why I bought them.

2 Likes